Senior Controls Engineer
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Inginaire is seeking a Senior Controls Engineer for our client, a Fortune 500 manufacturing corporation specializing in filtration systems, technologies, and replacement parts. This is a 6 month Contract opportunity. Duties
- Participate on cross-functional engineering teams to develop innovative and feasible design concepts of special equipment or components which will economically and reliably meet project requirements and cost constraints.
- Preparation of electrical drawings, control panel layouts and bills of materials.
- Maintaining and developing standardized methods of controls design, programming and documentation.
- Maintaining and developing design methodologies for global applications including OSHA, NEC, UL508A and EU Machinery Directive.
- Responsible for satisfying the design requirements of the safety related parts of the control system
- Accountable for design quality, schedule and budget.
- Programming and configuration of control hardware.
- Instructing personnel in the safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Providing technical support to Donaldson manufacturing facilities, business units and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field (Associates degree in engineering with applicable experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive controls engineering experience.
- Thorough knowledge of standards relevant to industrial machinery, including NFPA79, UL5O8A, NEC, EN ISO 13849 and IEC/EN 62O61.
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical for industrial control panel design.
- Experience programming Allen-Bradley automation controller platforms including FactoryTalk View ME.
- Experience with motion control, variable speed drives, pneumatics and machine safety.
- Knowledge of concepts of modular programming as defined in ISA- 88 and/or PackML.
- Experience with multiple IEC 61131-3 programming languages (Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagram, Structured Text, Sequential Function Chart, Instruction List)
- Inspire others with positive attitude and innovated/creative thinking.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and controls systems in an operational environment.