The Quality Engineer plays a key role in ensuring our customers are satisfied with our products and services. This is accomplished by using engineering processes and analysis to ensure our products meet compliance requirements. The Quality Engineer will drive continuous improvement and work with stakeholders through the entire process to enhance Quality for our customers. The position will provide technical process leadership for engineering and production teams, and ensure documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing and quality, methods, tooling, and equipment. The Quality Engineer will initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost, and/or improve product quality. Specific duties include:
- Define, interpret, and classify quality characteristics for new and existing products, processes, and services
- Translate design inputs such as customer needs, regulatory requirements, and risk assessment into robust design using techniques such as failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), quality function deployment (QFD), and design for six sigma (DFSS)
- Interpret specification requirements in relation to product and process characteristics and technical drawings, including characteristics such as views, title blocks, dimensioning and tolerancing, and GD&T symbols
- Interpret the results of evaluations and tests used to verify and validate the design of products, processes and services
- Utilize reliability and maintainability indices
- Implement product and process control methods such as control plan development, critical control point identification, and work instruction development and validation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Engineering, Business, or Industrial Science, or equivalent degree
- 4+ years of related experience and training
- Experience driving support to quality processes
- Experience transitioning new products to manufacturing
- Proficient in advanced statistical concepts
- Experience in interfacing with enterprise systems
We offer a competitive wage based on experience as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
To learn more about working at GFS, visit http://gfscareers.us
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. Veterans, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply. GFS does not discriminate based on race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender-identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
The continued success of our company is made possible by our talented, hardworking employees. We believe that every employee “makes their mark” on a company. This is especially true for a company of our size and culture. Although a large and growing business — with more than 400 employees — our heart is in the small town, homegrown values. Headquartered in Osseo, Wisconsin, we are just a short 20-minute drive to Eau Claire and less than a two-hour drive to the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Many of our employees enjoy spending their free time outdoors, with many year-round activities to choose from such as hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, boating and more!