National Energy Center of Excellence
OPENING DATE: 2/15/2019
CLOSING DATE: Until filled.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible.
COMPENSATION: $60,000 + based on directly related experience. May be eligible for a salary increase after six months. Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount. Click here for full employee benefits.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Is directly accountable and responsible to the Dean of NECE.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Developing, programming and the conversion of current Flash based Interactive Learning Tools (ILT’s) delivered online and in the classroom environment, such as, animations, mini-simulations, full simulations and 3D content. Web based content and materials support the instructional departments across campus and specifically the National Energy Center of Excellence’s (NECE) offerings for use in academic and non-credit offerings, laboratories, marketing, and other training offerings.
Curriculum development – 85%
- Works with Curriculum Development Center (CDC) team to develop and program interactive learning tools, including; animations, mini-simulations, full simulations, 2D and 3D content to support online and classroom offerings, laboratories, marketing and other training offerings.
- Works with CDC team to research, develop and implement technologies for the purpose of enhancing the content of online and classroom offerings and/or providing feasible solutions regarding technologies associated with animations, mini-simulations, full simulations, 2D and 3D content and other departmental and/or college needs.
General media development duties – 10%
- Conducts/participates in training workshops to assist employees in new technologies, delivery systems, and the creation of enhanced content for use in online and classroom offerings.
- Saves, maintains, and organizes all content developed for future use in division’s content management system.
- Keeps abreast of design and programming changes/products that impact the production and use of animations, mini-simulations, full-simulations, 2D and 3D content on an online environment. Learns and adapts to new technologies as required to meet the department’s and campus needs.
- Uses and assists in the maintenance of the division’s project management and content management system(s).
- Troubleshoots and maintains content from a programming perspective used by faculty in classrooms and laboratories as well as content used/contained in the campus online Learning Management System (LMS).
Miscellaneous duties – 5%
- Supports innovation, creativity and ideas to improve/enhance processes, functions, etc. in the department and as a whole for the college.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, gaming development, multimedia technology, or related field and/or the equivalent education and experience (i.e. associate degree and six years of experience in developing/programming simulations, animations, applications, 3D, etc.).
- Strong foundation in advanced mathematics, 3D graphics principles and rendering algorithms.
- Demonstrated experience building user interfaces in 2D and 3D.
- Ability to write efficient, reusable, and well documented code.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage project workflow and lifecycle.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities with all levels of computer experience.
- Task orientated with the ability to work under pressure on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Related higher education experience.
- Background in technical trades.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
This position will remain open until filled. To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: online application, cover letter, and resume. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.