Lead Specialist Collections
Description: About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.The Financial and Retail Services (FRS) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, FRS comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target's distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.Guest-facing contact centers that directly impact Target's profit and growth while fostering an exceptional guest experience and our strong reputation include: Collections (Loss Prevention, Recovery Operations and Collection Strategy), REDcard® Guest Services (Guest Contact, Fulfillment and Legal & Executive Support), Guest Relations, which engages with guests via all communication channels to strengthen loyalty and drive sales and Target.com Guest Services, which handles all guest inquiries and comments relating to Target.com orders and site issues.As a Collections Lead Specialist, you will provide support and mentoring for internal team members regarding soft skills, policy/procedures and system functionality while adapting your coaching style to fit individual needs. This can include modeling calls, side by sides, call listening sessions, as well as handling escalated calls from guests in order to help team members provide a Target branded experience with every interaction. Lead Specialists will motivate and engage all team members on the floor in all areas of the business by being visible and available to assist, and developing creative ways of improving processes and procedures. They also help in the successful onboarding of new hires by providing subject matter expertise and support in training classes. Lead Specialists interact with leaders and other key business partners to assist with any gaps in processes/procedures and various projects, but also should be able to work and make decisions independently when required. Lead Specialists will also assist in identifying, evaluating, and communicating guest trends to leadership in a prompt manner and complete their core role responsibilities on a daily basis. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven skills in handling people issues and conflict resolutions
- Strong customer service perspective/experience
- Independent and self-motivated to meet and exceed prescribed goals.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrate innovative and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to interact with guests, team members and internal business partners with a professional and friendly style
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and organization skills
- Ability to use various information sources to answer questions, identify problems and appropriately resolve issues
- Strong technical skills, ability to work within multiple systems, and high proficiency with PC/Microsoft applications
- Ability to flex schedule to meet demands of the business
- Team player
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Previous call center experience