St. Catherine University invites applications for a Communications Coordinator in the Office of Marketing & Communications. The Marketing and Communications team is a group of storytellers who create engaging and dynamic marketing messages and materials that raise the profile and awareness of St. Catherine University. Members of this team serve as the voice of St. Kate's, representing our diverse student body, our commitment to social justice, and helping to achieve our organizational mission. The Communications Coordinator supports the Vice President of Marketing & Communications and her leadership team in external and internal initiatives such as project coordination, meeting preparation and organization, internal communications and website content management, and special projects. This position also serves as the office administrative manager, ensuring the office operates efficiently and effectively.
• Assist the Vice President of Marketing & Communications in the management and organization of the MarComm office. Answer phone calls and emails, greet guests, order supplies, maintain files, reconcile monthly P-card, and organize departmental meetings and celebrations.
• Assist with meeting, assignment, and document preparation.
• Oversee and execute event calendar for public website and assist with public news story development.
• Oversee “Daily Update” and other web content management data entry needs.
• Coordinate freelance photographer assignments under the direction of the Integrated Project Manager and Art Director, and maintain the MarComm photography schedule.
• Assist with Editorial Tracker organization.
• Assist Integrated Project Manager to ensure an effective workflow process.
• Develop and maintain an inventory, training, and lending/dissemination process for MarComm branded event and promotional materials.
• Provide support to the Communications team via writing and editing as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related liberal arts major.
• 1-3 years in marketing, communications, media relations, public relations, or journalism.
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office and Google suites.
• Highly organized and professional demeanor, with willingness to develop and enhance professional knowledge and skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced office.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to keep track of multiple projects, organize workflow, and meet deadlines.
• Confidentiality and discretion.
• Ability to represent the Office of Marketing & Communications and St. Catherine University effectively to internal and external audiences.
• Ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
• Project management experience preferred.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the University's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Applications are due by February 27, 2019.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer/Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website. Permanent Link to Posting http://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/2830