Associate Director, Center for Community Work and Learning
The Center for Community Work and Learning at St. Catherine University invites applications for our Associate Director (AD) at 0.80 FTE (32 hours per week). This position is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of service-learning to advance the University's academic and civic engagement mission. The AD brings expertise in the field of service-learning and works to co-create models of civic engagement that meets the diverse needs of St. Kate's schools, colleges, degree levels and disciplines. The AD works with faculty in teaching, service and scholarship related to best practices in service-learning. The AD is responsible for developing and implementing departmental communications, ongoing outreach and marketing efforts with multiple constituencies as well as supporting the Center's evaluation efforts to advance departmental goals. Anticipated start is mid-May.
• Work with faculty, programs to design, implement, evaluate course-based service-learning.
• Work collaboratively with community nonprofits to maintain effective, mutually beneficial relationships.
• Deliver service-learning theory, practical steps; facilitate discussion, activities, and reflection.
• Support professional development for faculty, including faculty scholarship as well as student support.
Support development, leadership of department goals, strategic planning and visibility
• Develop, support and integrate CWL assessment work to advance overall department goals.
• Develop and implement strong communications plan for marketing and outreach efforts to St. Kate's and broader community.
Professional staff and student worker supervision
• Provide ongoing supervision and mentorship to program coordinator, student workers.
• Master's degree in higher education, community work, service learning, or related field in progress required; completed degree preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience in related field, preferably higher education and/or nonprofits.
• Experience in campus-community collaboration, service-learning and experiential learning.
• Strong understanding of current issues, future direction of community engagement in higher ed.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to cultivate relationships with students, faculty, community.
• Experience working with and supporting diverse populations.
• Excellent oral/written communication; strong organizational, administrative and strategic skills.
• Experience in program design, development, management and evaluation.
• Proficiency in technology and relevant software.
• Experience in project management around communications, outreach, marketing, grant writing.
• Evaluations/survey design experience with Qualtrics (or similar software).
• Community engaged teaching and/or research experience.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University employment site to apply. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20190002-STAFF. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application deadline is March 25, 2019.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website. Permanent Link to Posting http://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/2834