Minnkota Power is seeking qualified applicants for a Programmer Analyst located in our Grand Forks, ND offices.
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for designing, developing, documenting and testing enterprise applications including enterprise asset management, inventory, procurement, human resources and financials.Position requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related area or equivalent combination of experience and education.
On-line applications can be found at www.Minnkota.com. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Minnkota Power Cooperative is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer
1. Design, develop, document and test applications and software systems.
- Understand functional & business requirements and translate into technical design.
- Complete detail design including inputs, outputs, form layouts, workflow details, database impacts, views and reporting requirements.
- Determine technical and resource requirements to implement design which should include resource and time requirements.
- Collaborate with end users to complete thorough testing of all new functionality and development.
- Implement development and code changes as well as providing user documentation as required.
2. Analyze and modify existing applications and provide recommendations for system improvements.
- Proactively monitor vendor’s website, e-mails and webinars to determine when new updates and functionality are released.
- Document changes and impacts prior to making recommendations to end users.
- Responsible for initial testing of new updates and releases prior to assisting and directing end users with user acceptance testing.
- Modify application configuration to incorporate new functionality and modules.
- Document and track all code changes according to department standards.
3. Monitor the operation and performance of assigned applications and respond by diagnosing and correcting errors and issues.
- Proactively monitor application and server logs for errors and performance issues.
- Collaborate with DBA and Server Administrator to troubleshoot and maintain systems.
- Provide recommendations based on reported vulnerabilities and security bulletins related to the applications and software systems.
4.Assist end users by providing ongoing support and technical assistance.
- Provide timely response to all support tickets and queries from end users.
- Monitor department’s help desk for tickets.
- Collaborate with other development and technical staff on issues.
- Work with vendors to report bugs and monitor support requests through to resolution.
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Learning on Fly
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
Goals and Objectives
An employee filling this role is expected to meet changing and unique goals and objectives, as established by their supervisor, related to the broader area in which the employee is assigned.
Job Qualification Standards
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related area or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Two or more years’ experience with enterprise business applications and software including enterprise asset management, inventory, procurement, human resources or financial functions preferred.
- Experience with PL-SQL preferred
- Experience working with APIs and/or web services preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend and frequently utilize a keyboard/computer. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent will be required to problem solve, read, write and analyze data, work under schedules and deadline pressure, present information to others, work independently and use discretion and judgment for confidential or sensitive projects/issues.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to an office environment indoors, and will travel outdoors to multiple locations dependent on work.