PC Support Technician
PC Support Technician
Minnkota Power is seeking qualified applicants for a PC Support Technician at the Milton R. Young Station located in Center, ND.
This position provides superior customer service that assists with end user needs arising from everyday hardware and software use. Technicians are responsible for installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and technology-related equipment, ensure optimal device performance and maintenance, repair and modify end user hardware and software.
Position requires, at minimum, a two-year degree in computer science or other related area or equivalent combination of experience and education. Experience preferred with CompTIA, A+ or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certifications. Experience preferred with Windows Operating Systems, MS Office
On-line applications can be found at www.Minnkota.com. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Minnkota Power Cooperative is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer
1. First Level Support
- Provide first response for end user support both onsite and remote
- Troubleshoot for issue resolution, escalate if needed
- Communication with end user for closure
2. Maintenance and health of personal computers, laptops, tablets, iPad, cell phones and peripherals
- Monitor software and hardware patching
- Rotation and setup of assets
- Evaluation of software and hardware
3. Software and Hardware installation and maintenance
- Review of assets and asset inventory
- Maintenance of assets
- Rotation schedule of assets
- Action Oriented
- Customer / Member Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Self Development
Goals and Objectives
An employee filling this role is expected to meet changing and unique goals and objectives, as established by their supervisor, related to the broader area in which the employee is assigned.
Job Qualification Standards
Education and Training
A two-year degree in computer science or other related area or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience preferred with CompTIA, A+ or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certifications
- Experience preferred with Windows Operating Systems, MS Office
- Highly skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals.
- Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend and frequently utilize a keyboard/computer. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent will be required to problem solve, read, write and analyze data, work under schedules and deadline pressure, present information to others, work independently and use discretion and judgment for confidential or sensitive projects/issues.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to an office environment indoors, and will travel outdoors to multiple locations dependent on work.