Assistant Professor of Practice in Accounting
Assistant Professor of Practice in Accounting
With UW-System Official Title: Adjunct Assistant Professor
The University of Wisconsin River Falls, a member of the University of Wisconsin System, is located in scenic west central Wisconsin, 30 miles from the multi-cultural, multi-ethnic cities of Minneapolis and St Paul. Year-round arts, cultural and recreational events are easily accessible from River Falls. UWRF's 6,100 undergraduate and graduate students pursue degrees in four colleges: Arts and Sciences, Education and Professional Studies; Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences; and Business and Economics.
The University provides an excellent environment for learning, emphasizing the importance of faculty-student interaction in classrooms, laboratories, academic advising, and co-curricular activities. A favorable student-faculty ratio affords an opportunity for meaningful interchange between faculty and students. Strong interests in teaching, research, and community service are highly valued. More information about UWRF can be found at: http://www.uwrf.edu/workhere/.
This is a full-time, nine-month, non-tenure-track instructional academic staff position (100% teaching and service) at the rank of Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Accounting and Finance. The official course load is 12 credits, four 3 credit courses per semester. The successful candidate will primarily teach accounting courses at the undergraduate level. Opportunities exist for optional summer employment through teaching, internship supervision, and other funding sources. This position is expected to renew on an annual basis pending successful reviews. For questions or concerns, please contact Human Resources at 715-425-4941.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach accounting courses at the undergraduate level (90%)
- Provide service to department, college, university, and the profession through participation in on-going applied research or active engagement within the industry. (10%)
- Education: Graduate degree in accounting or business from an accredited institution
- Teaching/Training experience: Evidence of teaching/training effectiveness (most recent student evaluations and peer observations if available)
- Professional experience: Extensive high-level professional accounting or business experience and activities.
- Must be willing to participate in on-going applied research or remain actively engaged in professional industry
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, and/or other accounting related certification.
Online applications are REQUIRED at: https://jobs.uwrf.edu/
Materials not submitted electronically cannot be considered.
- Curriculum vitae (Resume)
- Letter of interest specifying qualifications and experience (Cover Letter)
- An unofficial transcript (official copies of transcripts will be required if hired). (Unofficial Transcript)
- Provide the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references who can specifically comment on your teaching ability and experience, research ability and experience, and professional experience. (References).
Inquiries should be addressed to:
College of Business and Economics
Deadline to Apply: Initial review of applications will begin upon receipt. For full consideration, applicants should submit all required materials by April 4, 2019. A criminal background check will be completed on the final candidate.
UW-River Falls does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at 715-425-4941.
UW-River Falls Diversity Statement: We declare that diversity and inclusivity are core values. We dedicate ourselves to build a culture grounded in principles of equity, social justice, and excellence. We fundamentally affirm and embrace the multiple identities, values, belief systems, and cultural practices of all individuals and communities. We will address fundamental issues of bias, discrimination, and exclusion.
The University is committed to creating an educational community which enhances student awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnicities and cultures and identities which actively supports tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each person without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs. Awareness of and sensitivity to diverse ethnic and cultural heritages are especially sought in applicants.
UWRF is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer subject to all state and federal regulations pertaining to non-discrimination based upon sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, arrest and/or conviction record, veteran status, and membership in the national guard, state defense force, or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or the State of Wisconsin. All persons, especially women, persons of color, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of your identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For a copy of the UWRF campus safety information, see http:www.uwrf.edu/Police/CampusRecordsCrimes.cfm or call University Police at (715) 425-3133 for a paper copy. This material includes crime statistics (Annual Security Report) and information on crime prevention, sexual assault, and drug/alcohol issues.