JOB SUMMARY: The basic function of the Optician is to attract and retain patients by delivering an exceptional patient experience, foster patient retention, and promote outstanding doctor satisfaction.
- Fill ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions, and fit and adapt lenses and frames to include but not limited to the following:
- Utilize optical prescription in conjunction with the patients’ visual requirements.
- Recommend specific lenses, and lens coatings to suit patient needs.
- Assist patients in the selection of frames, and coordinate frames to prescription and patient need.
- Perform appropriate optical related measurements
- Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Assist clients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions
- Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
- Heat and bend plastic frames or metal frames in order to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and hands. Repair damage frames.
- Instruct clients in how to wear and care of eyeglasses.
- Determine clients’ current lens prescriptions, when necessary, using lensometers or lens analyzers and clients’ eyeglasses.
- Perform administrative duties such as tracking inventory and sales, submitting patient insurance information, and performing simple bookkeeping.
- Arrange and maintain displays of optical merchandise.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of practical optician experience
- Ability to provided enthusiastic and concise communication to meet/exceed patient expectations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- ABO certification, preferred.
- Computer experience required: Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook
- Experience with OptiMatix, a plus
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Positive attitude, mature, conscientious, and accountable
We offer excellent compensation and benefits