Sr Manager Logistics
The Sr. Manager, Transportation Analysis & Optimization, delivers logistics solutions and executes analysis to support optimal transportation decisions for merchandise sourced both internationally and domestically. The Sr. Manager owns the relationship with both internal (IM, Merchandising, Transportation Ops, Supplier Performance) and external (vendor) stakeholders to ensure all dimensions of a freight treatment solution are considered in order to establish transportation-ownership terms between each merchandise vendor and Target.
This role is responsible for providing solutions across the Home, Hardlines and Apparel and Accessories Merchandising groups that consider the financial and operational impacts to Target; monitors and validates these impacts; and supports implementation. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As a Sr Manager Logistics, TAO, you'll take the lead:
- Identify and execute analysis to determine most optimal freight term agreements (Prepaid/Collect, FOB/FCA, and Importer of Record decisions) between both import and domestic vendors and Target.
- Drive successful implementation of freight term conversions that include consideration and impacts to transportation expenses, import and/or domestic operations, and any applicable strategic merchandising considerations.
- Liaison between transportation, merchandising teams, and vendor partners to initiate solutions for all internal transportation-related concerns.
- Serve as the main point of contact for vendor inquiries and general transportation-related questions.
- Execute domestic ship point optimization / import factory or country of production shifts by completing analysis when vendors change or close ship points to validate current freight term or renegotiate costing to drive savings.
- Responsible for reporting and tracking all financial impacts upon initial vendor business award
- Validate initial analysis and compares recommendation to the actual costs.
- Support ad-hoc logistics solutions requests for internal and external partners.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience within supply chain, logistics, and/or inventory management in a retail environment are required.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong ability to plan, manage, and prioritize time/tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative; demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Ability to develop relationships, both internally and externally, and work in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of PC Windows based applications (Excel and Word) required.