Building Trades Credit Union is seeking a loan officer for our branch in Shoreview, Minnesota.
Receives, reviews, and processes applications for consumer loans and lines of credit, mortgages (home equity loans and lines of credit), and credit card lines. Interviews applicants to understand their needs, explains credit policies, and obtains loan application information and documentation. Assembles loan applications.
Computes debt-to-income ratios and cash flows. Verifies employment and income. Determines value of collateral. Coordinates appraisals for real estate loans that meet initial lending criteria and are within approved lending limits. Analyzes credit worthiness and enters data into loan origination system. Presents loan requests that are above the lender’s limit to Credit Manager for approval. Calculates terms, finance charges, and insurance on loans for proper disclosure on promissory notes. Ensures that each loan is promptly and properly prepared, documented, processed, approved, and disbursed.
Ensures that members and prospective members are promptly and professionally served. Assists in counseling members whose loan requests were denied, explaining reasons and alternatives. Provides general Credit Union product information and cross-sells services. Assists with the training of less-experienced lenders.
Assists in servicing loans by processing such items as payoff requests, refinances, payment extensions, collateral releases, and payment due date changes. Is able to identify problems and resolve issues related to the booking of loans and loan payments on the Credit Union’s core system.
Responsible for filing vehicle titles and promptly following-up on titles still pending. Verifies insurance coverage on collateral. Verifies with dealership that credit union is listed as secured party. Explains the benefits of credit life and disability insurance, GAP coverage, and mechanical repair coverage using the recommended Action Steps. Ensures that lending is conducted in accordance with Credit Union policies and federal regulations.
Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Maintains a high degree of confidentiality with all applicant and member information.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but will equally consider applications with a high school diploma and relevant training and experience
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to lending
- Familiarity with loan documents
- Thorough knowledge of lending policies
- Understanding of consumer credit bureau reports and credit scores
- Understanding of cash flows, consumer and business tax returns and financial statements
- Strong sales and customer service experience
- Competitive and goal-oriented
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with members and coworkers
- Strong organization skills and written and verbal communication skills
This is a union position. Days: Monday-Friday. Hours: 8:45am to 5:15pm. (37.5 hrs/week)
Hourly rate: Depending on experience. Plus excellent benefits.
Please email us your resume. No phone calls.
To learn more about Building Trades Credit Union, visit us at www.buildingtradesCU.com