Days: $44,000 - $49,000 based on qualifications
Hiring rate or hiring range: $44,000 - $49,000 based on qualifications
Job Description: Job Summary:
Supervises and directs daily activities of the Furnishings team. Oversees the construction and repair of cabinets and furniture. Designs and interprets design drawings; lay out fabrications and constructs millwork and furnishings items; repairs and refinishes existing assets to support the casino operations on an as needed basis according to industry recognized safety procedures.
Ensures adherence to budget for assigned projects.
- Supervises the daily activity and schedule for the Furnishings team.
- Designs and ensures quality of projects during fabrication, installation and repair.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, disciplines and promotes team members. This inlcudes team member training and development and completing performance appraisals on direct reports.
- Material estimates, specifications and ordering.
- Installation and construction of projects.
- Tracks budget expenditures for all Furnishings' projects.
- Coordinates project scheduling with other departments and communicates changes based on casino priorities.
- Ensures proper set-up, operation and maintenance of all furnishings tools and equipment.
- Occasional Tasks
- Any combination of post-secondary education in wood finishing or cabinet making or experience working in a furniture or cabinet manufacturing facility to equal five years.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of a variety of hand and power tools and machinery.
- Experience in estimating costs for the construction of millwork and furniture.
- Ability to interpret concepts and convert them to two dimensional technical drawings.
- The ability to communicate technical information and ideas in spoken and written English.
- Valid driver's license may be required with a good driving record.