Days: $15.83 - $17.81 / hr based on qualifications
Hiring rate or hiring range: $15.83 - $17.81 / hr based on qualifications
Monitors the well being and safety of the children, contributes to the sales and retention, through positive communication, with families, and ensure the planning, preparation, and implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum. Trains and mentors other employees in department. Ability to work in a Team Environment. Enjoys working with children.
- Supervises children while providing care and support to children. Responsible for the care, hygiene, learning, and developmental activities, specialized programs, and redirection of children. Promotes positive child interactions.
- Organized activities and smooth transitions are planned and implemented. Trains and ensures employees are providing quality transitions.
- Develops and oversees weekly curriculum involving the following areas: Physical, Cognitive, Social, Language, and Cultural/Gender appropriate. Oversees the daily preparation of the environment to provide developmentally appropriate activities. Ensure that the activities are meeting the learning objectives for the curriculum.
- Uses and mentors employees on a variety of teaching strategies to enhance children's learning and development. Makes sure the classroom environment is appropriate
- Oversees the process of written communications to families ensuring appropriate language and format is used on every form when communicating to families. Passes on information or concerns to Supervisor. Communicates information to families.
- Completes biannual family conference and informal conferences when needed. Oversees employees fill out forms correctly and develops goals with families on individual child.
- Works with Manager on developmental transitions of children. Ensure families, employees and environment is kept up to date with information on new children. Is aware of each child's individual file and communicates information to other employees.
- Keeps work environment safe for children and employees. Maintains classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness. Equipment is sanitized regularly.
- Is calm and patient with children. Follows through on making sure accurate information is conveyed to families and works with Manager on any behavior concerns. Uses and mentors on Playworks behavior guide techniques.
- Knows special needs of individual children and works with Manager and families to develop individual child care plans. Allergy sheets are current and communicated to appropriate departments.
- Oversees the process of injuries/incidents and completes forms using appropriate language. Communicates to families and Supervisor with confidentiality a priority.
- Communicates effectively with children, customers and employees in a variety of ways keeping high quality customer service and confidentiality a priority.
- Able to implement and train employees on evacuation and emergency procedures. Train children on evacuation and emergency procedures.
- Oversees enrollment/authorizations up to date and changes are communicated to employees and manager if needed.
- Ensures that emergency bags and data cards are checked and up to date for all programs.
- Ensures the release of children to authorized people only. Trains and oversees appropriate procedures for leaving the building.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must meet qualification and experience requirements from the MN Rule 3 guidelines for Teacher category.
- Three or more years of experience in an early childhood educational program and leadership skills.
- CPR and First Aid Certification required.
- Pass background check, work physical and drug test.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record.
- Current Class B or C license may be required with a school bus endorsement on driver's license.
- On feet or standing 80% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.