Controller - Great Benefits
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Controller is responsible for the day to day financial operations and transactional processing of the organization and its entities (Education Minnesota, Foundation, ESI, Properties, and PAC). The position assists the CFO in ensuring the existence of processes and controls throughout the organization to safeguard its assets.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the CFO in the overall management of accounting operations of the organization.
- Supervises and directs the day-to-day accounting processes activities of the finance department functions of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, budgeting, intercompany transactions, and general accounting.
- Implements, coordinates, and supervises accounting functions necessary to maintain compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in the not-for-profit sector, state and federal statutes, and board policy.
- Manage the month-end and year-end close processes.
- Prepare and distribute monthly and yearly financial statements on a timely basis.
- Direct and supervise the accounting staff.
- Assist in establishing proper internal controls and processes to safeguard organizational assets.
- Initiate organizational process improvement.
- Coordinate and manage the budget development process and assists the CFO in the preparation and monitoring of the budget.
- Coordinate with auditors for timely completion of annual audits and timely filing of state and federal reports.
- Supports all organizational departments on financial issues.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and work independently in accomplishing objectives, goals, and meeting numerous deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex oral and written directives.
- Problem solving ability.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Highest ethical standards and commitment to confidentiality.
- Skilled in the use of accounting and payroll software.
- BS/BA degree in accounting/finance.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Eight years of experience in payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, and financial reporting.
- Three years of experience supervising/managing accounting staff.
- Experience with Intacct accounting software.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now payroll software.
- Certified Public Accountant certification.
- Not-for-profit accounting experience.
- Experience with LM-2 Department of Labor, IRS 990 and Campaign Finance reporting.
Work is in a general office environment. Employee is required to: talk and hear; frequently stand, walk and repetitively use hands dexterously (use fingers to handle, feel), reach with hands and arms, bend and physically, lift and carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and infrequently travel by various conveyances (e.g., air, rail, auto).
- Some occasional travel with overnight stays may be required.
- Maintain confidential information as applicable.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Education Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit applicants, employees, members and students. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
POSTING DEADLINE: For best consideration, apply online and include a resume. Posting is open until 11:59 PM Monday, April 1, 2019.
Please click this link to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=faa82ad6-58ce-4071-80c8-3e481e725e0a&jobId=275688&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001