Shelf - Sales - Assessment Solutions Consultant
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Req #39Wednesday, February 27, 2019 DRC is one of the largest educational assessment and curriculum/instruction companies in the industry. Assessment Solutions Consultant
The Assessment Solutions Consultant at Data Recognition Corporation sells K-12, English language learner and adult educational assessments in a territory that encompasses IN, MI and the surrounding territory. This position provides an excellent professional growth opportunity with DRC, a company that supports the educational testing experience for students and educators across the country.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Communicating with school districts and identifying assessment needs
- Supporting educators in the use of DRC/CTB solutions
- Creating territory business plans
- Tracking revenue to consistently achieve assigned revenue goals
- Inputting data in Customer Relationship Management platform, currently SalesForce.com
- Planning and executing customer events such as user groups and product presentations
- Attending local and state-level assessment meetings
- Monitoring district contracts
- Providing feedback to product management and sales teams to evaluate assessment solutions for use in the current, competitive market
- Demonstrate adept sales and presentation skills.
- Design and implement a territory management strategy including, but not limited to the following: calls into current accounts, cold calls into target accounts, inbound lead management, customer presentations (via web and in person), and identifying and implementing marketing campaigns.
- Manage & grow revenue in existing accounts.
- Prospect and develop revenue in new accounts.
- Produce qualified leads from outbound cold calling and marketing campaigns.
- Efficiently and effectively follow-up with and manage all leads and opportunities (phone, web, referral, self-generated, etc.)
- Pro-actively close converted opportunities by keeping the sales process moving forward.
- Thorough understanding of assessment results and their impact on instruction.
- Knowledge of the education market as it relates to standards, assessments, and other current trends in education.
- Experience assisting districts in understanding student achievement.
- Proficient with education technology and demonstrating testing tools and engines.
- Familiarity with various perspectives of on-line testing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning and forecasting sales activity.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering stand up and or virtual presentations utilizing full suite of available technology to support messaging.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and electronically, to transmit information accurately and clearly and to pro-actively seek feedback while remaining sensitive to customer needs.
- Advanced proficiency in persuading and influencing customers to make a purchase.
- Advanced proficiency in developing and retaining strong virtual working relationships with Customers, Partners & Employees
- Advanced proficiency in using technology and associated software tools – MS Office Suite; web based presentation tools; sales contact management systems – i.e., SalesForce.com
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision is essential.
- Superior proficiency in time management and organizational discipline.
- Advanced written and creative layout/graphical skills required to produce marketing campaign collateral.
- Superior proficiency in creating effective solutions to problem solving to achieve customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years successful sales in the education industry and/or assessment products experience required.
- Ability to travel at least 75% of the time.
- Report to work promptly when scheduled
- Be able to work under supervision and accept feedback
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
- Set and meet deadlines
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
- Other duties as needed
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
- Ability to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hour periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer monitor, utilize a keyboard and/or mouse for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds as necessary
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
DRC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Company M/F/V/DData Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V and prospective employees will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, protected veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class. Other details