Community Center Fun Squad Team (part time)
- Employment Status
- Part Time
Status: Part-time/Temporary/Seasonal (PTS) position, non-exempt
Hours: The main focus of this position is weekday mornings, weekday evenings weekend hours and flexibility with shifts (will be planned in advance).
Salary: Starts at $10.00/hr
Location: Community Center
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Recreation Supervisors, Community Center Manager and Youth Services LeadCommunity Center Division
The Community Center Division of the Park and Recreation department has the responsibility for managing the Eden Prairie Community Center, Oak Point Pool, City beaches and Park Facility Rental. Division team provides a variety of affordable recreation programs and services for all age groups and all abilities. This division is also responsible for providing support to department Recreation Supervisors and the programs they manage.Position Responsibilities
The Fun Squad Team role is to ensure a safe, comfortable, and creative environment in which children can play and learn. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
- Caring for newborns, toddlers, preschoolers and elementary age youth while their parent(s) or guardians(s) are utilizing the facility and/or participating in a program, event or birthday party by establishing a structured environment for children while allowing free play opportunities, adapting activities based on an increase or decrease in usage. Have the ability to facilitate activities for children of all ages during Play Care, Fit Kids and birthday programs and events.
- Ability to work independently with children of all ages and abilities in a one on one situation, small group and large group setting, creating a safe comfortable, and creative learning environment.
- Provides high quality customer service by consistently exhibiting an enthusiastic and eager focus to members that is prompt and courteous; greeting members with a smile, eye contact, and personalized message; responding to questions with accurate information or referring them to an appropriate contact; resolving issues in a timely manner while displaying a high sense of urgency.
- Ensures customers experience a positive experience by providing proactive communication, establishing a structured environment, and preparing activities based on expected member usage and to provide useful information to customers in anticipation of their needs.
- Maintains a safe, friendly, and enjoyable environment for patrons by adhering to standards, policies and procedures, health codes, and regulations; inform customers of useful information and updates relative to the established guidelines in a positive manner; provide solution-driven problem solving when resolving issues and enforcing rules.
- Supports the Recreation division services including patron relations, meetings, events, and programs by providing general administrative support including word processing, data entry, filing, cash handling, and record management.
While these areas are the primary focus of the position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees will be called upon to perform a variety of duties as a part of their role with the City.Position Requirements
Education: CPR (infant, child and adult) and First Aid certification within first 30 days of employment required and must keep their certification current each year.
Work Experience: Two years related experience preferred; previous experience receiving work direction preferred.
Technical Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English; ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Physical Requirements: Moderate physical effort is required for the majority of work with lift/pull/push/move/carry up to 50 lbs, intermittently including the lifting of children. Close interaction with children is required and may include sitting on the floor, climbing, pulling and set up play equipment. Some interaction with the children will include close contact exposing you to germs children may carry. While we do not change diapers, some contact with bodily fluids and excrement may occur. May have contact with individuals with special needs.
All employees are expected to contribute to the success of our organization by demonstrating the core values: Collaboration, Innovation, Integrity, Performance and Relationships.Position Specific Expectations
Communication: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today and about possibilities; can inspire and motivate others; provides direct, complete, actionable and positive feedback to others; able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Problem Solving: Ability to tackle a problem by using logical, systematic, sequential approach; makes a systematic comparison of two or more alternatives; notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information; identifies a set of features, parameters or considerations to take into account, in analyzing a situation or making a decision.
Accountability:Follows through on commitments; focuses on appropriate tasks throughout the shift; takes responsibilities for actions both as an individual and on behalf of the organization; actions and words are in sync; follows all policies and procedures; maintains confidentiality; is prepared and punctual to all scheduled shifts.
Sound Judgement:Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment in a timely manner; determines a course of action after weighing and analyzing different options; seeks out additional information when necessary; presents solutions and suggestions within the appropriate channels.City of Eden Prairie Employment Process
The City of Eden Prairie conducts the following pre-employment checks for this position:
1. Work history
2. Criminal history
*All final candidates must successfully complete and pass the City's evaluation of the pre-employment process before their first day of employment with the City.City of Eden Prairie Application Process
Application Deadline: April 26, 2019
Review Applications: Within one week of receipt
Interviews: Within two weeks of receipt
Expected Start Date: Within two weeks of contingent offer