TITLE: Facilities Lead
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
STATUS: Non-exempt; Full-time
SCHEDULE: Sunday 10-6, Monday-Thursday 2nd Shift
WAGE: $23.00 per hour
As team lead, the position is responsible for maintaining building, systems, equipment and grounds, building cleaning and room setups for various organizational functions (classes, recitals, seminars, meetings, matinees, etc.) and other facility needs, on-site and off, as requested. The Facilities Lead provides a frequent and high level of positive and supportive customer service interaction with faculty and staff.
- Distribute and balance workload among team members assuring timely accomplishment of work; monitor status and progress of team members work
- Provide on the job training to new employees
- Move furniture and equipment as required, set up furniture and/or equipment for various organizational functions and classes. Includes arranging chairs, tables, music stands, pianos, drum sets, and any other equipment requested
- Maintain and operate boiler and all HVAC equipment
- Repair and maintain building systems such as plumbing and electrical
- Open and close building as required, following proper procedures
- Performs building repairs and maintenance such as painting, carpentry, drywall, etc.
- Maintain facility exterior including lawns and snow removal
- Various cleaning duties, may include but not limited to, empty all waste and recycling containers in public areas and all classrooms, studios and office areas, maintain janitor closets and team work such as floor stripping and waxing
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma or equivalency; MN Boiler’s License, at least Special level.
Experience: 1-3 years prior building maintenance experience.
Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrated skill in building mechanical and HVAC systems; basic custodial and maintenance techniques; power tools, hand tools and custodial equipment use; excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills; basic computer skills especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; knowledge of basic sound system (PA) and musical instruments preferred.
Abilities: Effective team member; ability to learn and take direction; drive to off-site locations (vehicle and valid driver’s license required); available to work nights and weekends.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. Ability to walk, occasionally at a quick pace, for several hours, including climbing stairs. Ability to carry, push, and pull large and bulky items safely. Ability to use a ladder or lift to replace lamps or do other high work.