Assistant Professor of English
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH, #00010864
OPENING DATE: 03/22/2019
CLOSING DATE: 04/19/2019
CLOSING DATE: 08/19/2019
COMPENSATION: Nine month full-time tenure track position. Competitive salary based on experience and education. Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount. Click here for full employee benefits.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsibilities include teaching English Composition Sequence, Concurrent Enrollment Programs/dual credit via ITV, student advising, record keeping, committee work and other duties as assigned by Department Chair and/or the Dean of Humanities, Arts, & Sciences.
- Master’s degree in English or related Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in English.
- Documented successful teaching experience in English.
- Excellent writing ability and proficiency in Standard English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience teaching with technology and a willingness to explore new course delivery methods.
- Ability to articulate and support the community college philosophy with a strong commitment to teaching and learning in a community college setting.
- Good computer software skills - Microsoft Office, email and Outlook calendar.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups.
- Experience teaching Concurrent Enrollment Programs/Dual Credit to high school students.
- Higher education teaching experience.
- Experience with a variety of teaching resources, media and technologies, including computer-aided instruction and/or online instruction technologies.
- Experience with active-learning teaching methods such as facilitating group work, use of inquiry-based activities and critical-thinking instruction.
- Experience in teaching English across all levels of the community college curriculum, including writing center experience.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
Completed applications must be fully submitted by 5:00 pm on April 19, 2019.
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: online application and upload a cover letter, resume, three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.