Star Tribune has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive on our New Business Team.
The primary responsibilities of the role includes new business acquisition through cold calling, relationship building, lapsed account re-solicitation and account coordinator duties.
This position requires working with new and lapsed advertisers to deliver the most comprehensive solutions to their advertising needs using the full range of Star Tribune digital and print products. A key responsibility is to develop a thorough understanding of customer’s business needs through excellent active listening, industry research and understanding marketing trends.
This person will keep their clients updated on new products and initiatives with accurate pricing information, while also presenting incremental and new sales opportunities as they arise. They will be expected to reach digital and revenue goals, as well as increase customer volume.
- Minimum of 2 years customer related experience (sales experience desired)
- College degree preferred
- Good communication, planning, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Strong customer service orientation, time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer (Internet, MS Office, PowerPoint, CRM)
- Must have proof of valid driver’s license, auto insurance and have reliable transportation