Case Manager II - Waiver
People Incorporated serves people with mental illness in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul metro area. In 2017, we reached over 12,000 individuals through more than 60 different programs. Helping people with mental illness requires great flexibility and creativity. That's why we start with the person first...developing innovative, effective services that provide the care, resources, and connections that will help each person in the best way possible. Join us in our mission to support mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care!
Our Case Management Services team is seeking a Case Manager II to work on our Waiver Case Management team to primarily work with clients who are diagnosed with chronic mental illness or other chronic health conditions. We connect people with services through developing person-centered support plans that help them live as independently as possible. Waiver Case Management involves more behind-the-scenes work supporting client needs than time meeting with clients. Our Case Managers develop long term relationships with their clients and operate autonomously, creating their own schedules.
The Case Manager II will complete annual assessments and develop individual care plans based on client's needs and recommendations of key stakeholders. Responsibilities will include:
- Attending bi-annual meetings with clients to monitor services
- Assessing client needs and ensuring continuity of care
- Making referrals and authorizing services based on needs
- Maintaining records and documenting all coordination activities
Typical Case Manager roles involve Monday-Friday schedules during business hours. All Case Managers are provided laptops, company smart-phones, mileage reimbursement and wi-fi hotspots for work purposes. Our Waiver Case Managers office out of either Minneapolis or Mendota Heights. Travel is primarily within the metro area. We currently have an opening in Ramsey County.
- Valid driver's license, excellent driving record and current auto insurance
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or related field
- One year of experience in the education or treatment of people with developmental disabilities
- Bachelor's Degree in unrelated field
- One year of full-time (2,000 hours) experience as a social worker/case manager/care coordinator in human services
- Experience providing direct services to adults with serious and persistent mental illness
- Experience with case management
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and Person-Centered approaches
- Experience providing direct services to adults with developmental disabilities
People Incorporated offers a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, four weeks of paid time off. Beginning November 1, 2018 People Incorporated grounds will be tobacco free to promote health and wellness for the individuals we serve and for our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veterans or other status unrelated to job qualifications.
Visit our careers page to apply: https://peopleincorporated.applicantpro.com/jobs/1047189.html