Field Support Specialist
Field Support Specialist
Join the exciting world of unattended refreshment and food solutions with Best Vendors, the largest national account management company in the industry. As part of Compass Group USA, the leading foodservice and support services company, Best Vendors gives you the opportunity to work with Fortune 500 companies, learn from some of the brightest and most experienced minds in the industry, and become part of a diverse team committed to providing the best possible service to our clients and customers each day. We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing top level talent—if you’re up for the challenge, contact us today. We think you’ll feel right at home!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
A fresh approach to great results
Are you a good problem-solver and communicator? If so, Best Vendors has an exciting position for you to check out! Our Field Support Specialist provides information, communication and resolution to vendors, to ensure successful rollouts of new client business and on-going client programs. This position handles escalated project issues from clients to address unresolved issues; builds relationships with assigned vendors to aid in project resolution; escalates project completion deadlines to upper management and ensures all client timelines are met within the established guidelines.
More specifically, in this role you’ll be able to:
Internal Project Reporting & Administration
- Manage existing client program changes within vendor branch by the deadlines;
- Report status of projects to team members and vendor branches;
- Coordinate schedules for vendor branch transitions;
- Communicate client’s expectations to vendor branches;
- Resolve disputes between client locations and vendor/branches by working with internal team members.
- Project Management: Evaluate deliverables; Establish schedule Identify and communicate issues; Discuss project status and communicate client’s expectations; Determine internal resource requirements of projects based upon project needs.
Recordkeeping and Data Management
Communication/Account Management: Follow-up with vendor branch on outstanding issues, and build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Two (2) plus years of intermediate Microsoft Excel required – not just data entry – calculations, VLookup, data manipulations, etc.; Intermediate Microsoft Word experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills required with proven ability to develop and maintain positive internal and external work relationships.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, accurate and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Experience in JD Edwards and Business Objects or similar ERP program (i.e. Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP) and report writer program (i.e. Crystal Reports) strongly preferred.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma required; post-secondary education strongly preferred; a Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- With a Bachelor’s degree, one year of advanced customer service experience is required; with a high school diploma, three years of advanced customer service experienced is required.
- Experience managing accounts, projects and clients/vendors strongly preferred.
If you find our company intriguing and the position sounds like a great fit … what are you waiting for? Click Apply Now!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Amenities: Medical, dental, vision, supplemental insurance, PTO, holidays, matching 401(k); Free Parking; Free on-site fitness room; Dress for your Day all week, plus raise money for a cause to increase casual days; State of the art lunch room with complimentary snacks, fruit, and coffee/tea/hot cocoa; Popcorn Fridays; Paid time off to volunteer for corporate sponsored events; Sporting event tickets frequently raffled off; Discount Marketplace (discounts and products from thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, etc.); Multiple company sponsored social events per year, etc.
Key words: Implementation Coordinator, Contract Management