If you are seeking an opportunity to bring your accounting background to a company that offers a dynamic and healthy work environment, this is the role for you. BWBR is an award-winning design solutions firm providing architectural, interior design, and planning services. We’re a firm of mission-driven individuals who enjoy working on complex projects for organizations in the health care, higher education, high tech, recreation, office, and secure environment markets. One of the largest and oldest firms in the Midwest, we have approximately 160 employees with headquarters in Saint Paul, Minn. and additional offices in Madison, Wis. and Omaha, Neb.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Staff Accountant to join our Saint Paul office. This role supports financial and administrative processes within the firm and works closely with both leadership and project team members. As a vital member of the accounting team, the Staff Accountant’s primary area of responsibility will be Accounts Payable. In addition, this role will assist with our monthly billing process and be the primary back up for that process.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Disbursing properly approved payments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Review, code, process, and pay all invoices, including consultant invoices.
- Record all cash receipts, prepare and make bank deposits.
- Verify and maintain that all vendors have a current W-9 on file.
- Track, file, and make quarterly use tax payments.
- Prepare and issue Form 1099 to vendors.
- Proof and log consultant agreements in Deltek Vision and corresponding accounts payable program.
- Use effective analytical skills to address any discrepancies or unresolved issues by identifying and working with the appropriate parties.
- Assist or provide back up for other accounting team members as necessary.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related degree.
- 2-5 years of experience in an office environment.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards, and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Detail-oriented, professional attitude, ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in an energizing environment.
BWBR pays close attention to individual strengths and is committed to cultivating growth opportunities for you. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, flex spending, paid holidays, paid time off, paid parental leave, and a wellbeing program. We also offer a 401k salary deferral plan, profit sharing, and annual bonus opportunities.
BWBR believes a healthy work culture is a culture that promotes health and wellness beyond your work. The diverse and dynamic interests of those who work here provide opportunities, both organized and impromptu, for individual pursuits and exploration.
Please apply online at: http://www.bwbr.com/careers/