Position Description The purpose of this position is to provide management and leadership to CICC according to its mission and contractual requirements of the Minnesota Department of Human Services and other potential contractors Primary Duties The Executive Director is responsible for leading and managing the development, and evaluation of the organization as well as the development and implementation of its programs. The Executive Director works with stakeholders to determine the scope of programming; leads on program design; oversees program implementation and evaluation; and develops new programming to meet strategic goals that are research-informed, high quality, and that have a positive impact on the community. This position is full-time and reports to the CICC Board of Directors. Develop, Implement, and Evaluate Programs (40%)
- Lead program development, implementation, and evaluation activities that engage relevant stakeholders and constituents of services.
- Lead fundraising efforts, including organizational gifts, grant requests, and identifying support from individual donors.
- Work with CICC Program Managers to ensure that Relationship-Based Professional Development (RBPD) programs advance the organization’s mission and strategic direction.
- Support CICC programs to include process and policy development; courses; curriculum; RBPD support; and intentional, engaged, and inclusion-focused initiatives in early childhood arenas.
- Provide program and curriculum analysis, evaluation, and reporting to support program grant obligations and deliverables.
Program Innovation and Relationship Management (40%)
- Foster new and existing relationships with key stakeholders to support ongoing and future programming.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices in early childhood education to inform new program development and updates to existing programs.
- Collaborate with the early childhood partner organizations, state funders, and key stakeholders to explore programming needs and opportunities, as well as continuously update and improve programs.
- Stay abreast of research, educational, and engagement initiatives within the early childhood education to identify new collaboration opportunities. Engage with stakeholders to inform strategic program development initiatives.
- Document and share the CICC’s innovative programming and RBPD efforts with relevant audiences within the early childhood community in MN.
Supervision and Management (20%)
- Supervise staff who possess a wide range of education, experience, skills, and administrative, research and programmatic interests; foster collaboration, creativity, ingenuity, and effective communication.
- Manage staff responsible for coordinating details of RBPD delivery; delegate and oversee program development, implementation, and evaluation projects to ensure program success.
- Provide leadership to staff in their work and contribute to building a positive, empowered, cohesive team by serving as a guide and mentor, assigning and overseeing work assignments.
- Direct and oversee staff development and professional development opportunities to maximize performance, capacity, and capability leading to improved programmatic success, cultural agility,
and job satisfaction.
- Administer budget and all contracts.