Sr Professional Procurement Operations - Fixtures
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive and beloved retail brand, the Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Center of Excellence (COE) works across the business to maximize every resource, asset and relationship. We use in-depth analysis and cross-functional insights to identify and communicate best practices, elevating sourcing and procurement activities to achieve the very highest potential.
A role in the Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Center of Excellence (IS&P COE) is a chance to positively impact several key areas of Target's business. Your input will ensure Target realizes the expected value from the terms of agreements that comprise nearly a $10 billion annual spend toward innovative and competitively priced goods and services by:
- Promoting best practices across the entire company by developing deep knowledge and client relationships in each spend category
- Providing expert integrated business planning and stakeholder management for all indirect items and services
- Applying intelligent rate, demand and specification levers to source, negotiate and contract services while sustainably lowering costs
- Propelling the business with accurate and comprehensive demand forecasting, financial planning and item setup
- Help cultivate Target's partnerships with diverse, community-minded suppliers who are committed to economic development and job growth
As a Sr. Procurement Professional on the Fixture Team within Procurement Operations, the primary focus will be to support the successful implementation of fixtures within Target stores. You will be responsible for the forecast and the demand of fixture elements within a defined category of work in order to help get the right fixture, to the right store, at the right time. You will own and drive the demand planning process, which includes gathering multiple data points along with stakeholder management to ensure the needed planning inputs are shared with suppliers and partner teams. In addition you will create financial awareness of forecasted spend associated with the planned demand, and foster continual improvements in demand forecasting accuracy for assigned categories.
- Review fixture trends, usage, demand, and behaviors to drive continual refinements in forecast modeling
- Develop demand plans for a category(categories) through analysis and collaboration with partners teams
- Work closely with suppliers sharing forecasted demand, allocations, and timeline expectations
- Drive partnerships across CFT partners to gather information to make informative forecasts against upcoming transitions, new stores, and remodels scopes.
- Partner with key internal partners to track performance, identifies opportunities for continuous improvement, and develops plans to improve and/or streamline process while elevating execution.
- Possess a desire to champion standing up new indirect planning capabilities, and focus on process improvements.
- Building strong partnerships and hold partners accountable to executing within accountabilities and timelines.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree and /or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, detection of patterns/trends, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Experience with forecasting and demand planning
- Strong initiative and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Leads work with limited direction
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule