Fieldwork and Program Coordinator - Public Health
The MPH program in the Public Health Department at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time Fieldwork and Program Coordinator. This position is responsible for coordination of all aspects of local and international practicums including, contracts, partnership agreements, student preparation, and site vetting. This person will also coordinate MPH in Global Health student orientation, support accreditation, coordinate admissions and update the student handbook annually.
• Coordinate the identification of practicum sites and establish and maintain criteria for developing sites and partnerships.
• Advise and respond to student inquiries.
• Coordinate the administration of the field placement sites including contracts, learning objectives, supervisory responsibilities and other related details. Coordinate and assess practicum course.
• Coordinate pre-departure, orientation materials, emergency response and re-entry materials.
• Maintain relationships with organizations and sites through regular communication prior to, during, and upon return of student participation.
• Travel to local and international sites for vetting and auditing purposes.
• Coordinate MPH student admission process.
• Update student handbook each summer.
• Support accreditation reporting as related to the practicum and admissions.
• Other related tasks as assigned.
• Master's degree plus five years of public health work experience, MPH preferred.
• Substantial professional or academic international experience in low- or middle-income countries.
• Able to travel internationally to low- or middle-income countries (10-15% time).
• Detail oriented, strong written and oral communication including remote communication.
• Fluent in English and multilingual in Spanish, French, Swahili, Arabic, SE Asian, or African languages.
• Experience working with or in immigrant or refugee communities.
• Experience working in culturally diverse settings.
• Experience in an academic setting, working with contracts, partnerships and compliance preferred.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. Application deadline is May 1, 2019.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.