Sr. Marketing Program Manager, School of Education
Sr. Marketing Program Manager, School of Education
Posted Date 1 month ago(4/11/2019 9:44 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 2019-4031
Minneapolis & St Paul
Department/Unit Marketing, Insights and Communications
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Sr. Marketing Program Manager position within the Marketing, Insights and Communications department and School of Education.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Sr. Marketing Manager supports the strategic development, execution and evaluation of comprehensive marketing strategy that advances the mission and strategic priorities of the School of Education. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Marketing Strategy, the manager plans and implements marketing strategies that support efforts to drive enrollment, increase overall awareness and strengthen the reputation of the School of Education. This includes tactical execution of integrated multi-channel campaigns and oversight of all aspects of the marketing programs, across a variety of digital and traditional marketing channels. This role works closely with colleagues within Marketing, Insights and Communications, the Dean of the School of Education and other partners at the School of Education to coordinate marketing activities, track progress against goals, share insights and learnings to meet marketing objectives.
- Develops & executes the annual strategic marketing plan for the School of Education, including identifying key knowledge gaps, action plans to address those gaps, key audiences and key messages. Researches and analyzes marketing and advertising programs to identify additional opportunities.
- Develops, directs, and executes advertising and visibility campaigns for all marketing vehicles including outdoor, digital/social, web, print, radio, etc. Ensures materials are consistent with brand identity and are of high quality.
- Directs and manages the production of print materials, including viewbooks, brochures, invitations, mailings, reports, and other school-wide marketing materials that will reach an external audience. Reviews and edits creative promotional materials.
- Responsible for all owned digital media channels including social media and the School of Education website. Oversees the maintenance of a clear, compelling, and user-friendly website. Provides web content strategy, leads regular website redesigns, and trains staff website contributors. Develops and executes a content calendar for social media channels. Serves as the liaison to the St. Thomas Sr. Social Media Strategist.
- Provides oversight and work direction to Marketing Content Manager on a daily basis. Coordinate and assign activities, monitor quality of work completed. Develop work goals and department projects, complete performance assessment. Recruit, hire, and train direct report(s) as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field
- Five years of professional job-related experience to include experience managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
- Background or experience in an educational setting (i.e., K-12 or higher education)
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer