Alumni Relations Associate
• Develop strategies for recent graduate programming for the College for Women, aligning objectives with overall alumni and school strategies.
• Create and manage programs, events, and volunteer opportunities to engage recent graduates.
• Develop relationships with recent graduates to promote involvement in alumni initiatives, with an intentional focus on building relationships with women of color.
• Encourage financial giving participation of recent graduate volunteers.
• Develop strong working partnerships with the offices of Student Affairs, Career Development, and Multicultural and International Programs and Services (MIPS), among others.
• In partnership with the Annual Giving Associate, co-create a plan for student engagement and philanthropy.
• Work with student leadership groups to partner on opportunities for engagement with graduates.
• Remain current on University priorities and programming in order to communicate effectively with alumni and students.
• Remain current on best practices in student/recent alumni engagement.
• Enter contact reports, track event and volunteer costs, and work with clear goals and metrics.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 1-3 years of experience in alumni relations, volunteer engagement, or related field.
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to build relationships with people of all cultures and experiences; an interest in working with women of color and in creating an inclusive and diverse community.
• A team player; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
• Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours on occasion.
• St. Catherine University alumna/us preferred.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Consistent with the University's Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Please include a resume/CV and a cover letter specifically addressing your interest in building a diverse and inclusive community of recent graduates. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Mandy Iverson, Director of Alumnae/i Relations. Review of applications will begin April 26 and will continue until the position is filled; however, priority will be given to complete applications received by April 26, 2019.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.