Food and Beverage Coordinator, Dry Grocery & DSD - Brooklyn Park, MN
Drive Dry Food & Beverage execution and build expertise in Stores. In assigned Stores, leverage market expertise, creativity, resourcefulness and a localized approach to drive guest experience strategy and increase overall experience, profitable sales, and operational efficiency. Lead a culture of learning and change in the Dry Food & Beverage business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Drive Dry Food & Beverage execution through detailed training and education of store leadership teams and Food & Beverage team members, including: managing inventory, merchandising, freshness, food safety, and other store controlled processes. Educate at all levels to develop Food & Beverage acumen and business ownership that drives sales and increases profit.
- Perform store visits to evaluate and educate on store conditions, guest experience, operational efficiency, and profitable sales.
- Reinforce Food Safety processes, training teams to integrate food safety, product rotation, cleaning and sanitation, and freshness into everyday processes.
- Oversee compliance with policies and procedures defined by Food Operations and appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Maintain industry knowledge and market trends by benchmarking competitor pricing, promotions, merchandising practices, and processes.
- Represent stores and Food Operations in food localization, including new items, holiday merchandising, and competitor merchandising benchmarking.
- Execute food operations strategy in assigned stores and consult as needed on future Food & Beverage strategies. Partner with Food Operations, Store Operations, Food & Beverage Merchandising, Compliance, field leadership, vendors, and other stakeholder groups to champion projects to grow profitable food sales.
- Utilize innovation, critical thinking, communication, and store partnership to understand and influence Dry Food & Beverage strategy and process evolution.
- Support Dry Food & Beverage remodels, innovations, and new store projects.
- Leverage reporting to evaluate performance in sales, markdown, inventory productivity, food safety, and other measures. Train stores and reinforce actions based on these metrics.
11.Assist store teams in optimizing team size, training, and scheduling to drive guest service and profitable sales.
12.Teach and train stores to actively sample product to guests.
- Train store team members to effectively manage vendor execution of direct-to-store delivery (DSD) programs, including inventory management, promotions, merchandising, localization, and accountability.
- Ensure end-to-end Food & Beverage teams follow the Food & Beverage Operating Model to maximize efficiency, build product expertise, and provide excellent guest experience.
- Assist Food & Beverage Director and stores leadership in evaluating talent and identifying hiring needs. Cultivate organizational expertise in Food & Beverage.
Reports to Food & Beverage Director, Food & Beverage Operations
Establish relationships with Food Operations, Store Operations, Food Merchandising, Compliance, field leadership and other cross-pyramid stakeholder groups to frame perishable food opportunities, define strategic objectives, leverage food localization opportunities, estimate innovation cost and benefits, and champion projects through to drive profitable perishable food sales.
·8+ of relevant Food & Beverage experience
·Experience supporting stores/field organization
·Training experience in Food & Beverage
·Ability to build strategic vision and drive organizational change
·Experience influencing key business partners, including senior leadership
·Ability to operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
·Proven experience quickly adapting to changing priorities and tasks
·Project and process management/ownership experience
·Ability to work in high intensity situations with tight deadlines
·Strong process background as well as critical thinking and problem solving skills
·Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with daily interactions ranging from senior leaders to deep subject matter experts
·Strong leadership and influencing skills
·Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional working relationships across the enterprise
·Demonstrate courage and hold partners accountable without formal authority
·Experience driving food safety and offer compliance
·4‑year college degree