The Career Development Center at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time, exempt Career Counselor.
• Provide a variety of professional career counseling and coaching services and coordinate and plan programs for all student populations and alumnae/I to foster career development, career readiness, and support successful student outcomes.
• Coordinate programs and activities for students to develop and identify career goals and plans which include co-curricular experiences to prepare for post-graduation.
• Collaborate with academic and student support programs and faculty to deliver presentations to diverse audiences around career exploration and planning and other job search-related topics.
• Contribute to Career Development and institutional goals and initiatives to foster student success.
• Master's degree in student affairs, counseling, social work, or related area completed by July 1.
• Two or more years of career counseling/coaching experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of career development theory and practice, career resources, employment markets and hiring practices and trends, and career software and online resources.
• Strong interpersonal skills including counseling, coaching, and advising with an understanding and sensitivity to working with students from very diverse backgrounds.
• Experience with and skill in using diverse online resources and software for career planning, job seeking, and job search-related activities.
• Experience in working with diverse populations (e.g., age, ethnicity, educational background).
• High level of energy and enthusiasm with ability to work independently and take initiative as well as work as an effective team member.
• Experience presenting workshops and leading groups.
• Experience with event planning.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Technical skills and experience with marketing and social media.
• Experience assisting clients with virtual or distance methods preferred.
• Experience interpreting assessments including Strong Interest Inventory and Myers Briggs Type Indicator.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse applicant pool. Consistent with the University's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For more information, contact Tina Wagner. Applications are due by April 29, 2019.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.