The Office of Marketing and Communications at St. Catherine University invites applications for a Marketing Specialist. Members of the Marketing and Communications team are storytellers who create engaging and dynamic marketing messages and materials that raise the profile and awareness of St. Catherine University. Members of this team serve as the voice of St. Kate's, representing our diverse student body, our commitment to social justice, and helping to achieve our organizational mission.
The Marketing Specialist is a key member of the Marketing and Communications team, helping to develop engaging and thoughtful content to promote the University in a variety of mediums. This position works cross-functionally with our internal partners and clients to meet strategic goals and develop effective marketing materials. The Marketing Specialist brings excellent writing skills along with creativity to support marketing, advertising, events, communications, and other University needs. This role is best suited for someone who is flexible and works well with ambiguity, but who also asks for support and additional information to achieve quality work. This a full-time position that reports to the Senior Marketing Specialist.
• Collaborate with other members of Marketing and Communications and subject matter experts to develop strategic content, including for brochures, newsletters, emails, flyers, web, advertising, and social media.
• Understand and tailor content for a variety of audiences, including prospective students, parents, alumni, donors, community partners, and more.
• Manage a wide portfolio of marketing materials to ensure consistency and brand accuracy.
• Work collaboratively with Marketing and Communications team to strategically integrate and align marketing efforts.
• Develop metrics for measuring and presenting marketing results.
• Review and edit content from University partners and internal team.
• Develop and maintain strong, positive working relationships with University faculty, staff, and other partners.
• AA degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related liberal arts degree.
• 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications, media relations, public relations.
• Strong knowledge of print and web design and production.
• Understanding of essential elements of effective marketing campaigns (branding, messaging, sales collateral, PR, advertising, direct marketing, Web, etc.).
• Superior, AP-style writing and editing skills; strong attention to detail.
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office and Google suites.
• Ability to think critically to synthesize and integrate information from multiple sources.
• Excellent verbal and written communications, team management and client management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with internal and external partners.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, juggle numerous projects and prioritize work with strong follow through.
• Comfortable and confident pulling together performance reports and insights using various brand monitoring platforms, such as Meltwater, Google Analytics, or Sprout Social.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Consistent with the university's Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position.Please include a cover letter and minimum of three writing samples. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is April 30, 2019.
Permanent Link to Posting
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.