Maintenance Technician (Downtown Minneapolis)
FirstService Residential Minnesota is a large, well established and highly reputable firm specializing in community association management of over 500 properties and communities in Minneapolis, St. Paul and greater metro area. We are seeking candidates for a Facilities Worker position for an upper bracket condominium property downtown Minneapolis.
Facilities Worker, under the direction and supervision of the Building Engineer, Association Manager and FirstService Residential, are responsible on a daily basis for assisting with light maintenance tasks and building projects. Personnel are accountable to management and, within reason and when appropriate, cater to the individual needs of residents when in the overall best interest of the Association.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work hours: Monday through Friday. Must be available to be on-call on a three week rotation and able to respond quickly to afterhours calls.
• Must be able to perform proficiently a variety of semi-skilled facilities maintenance and repair tasks; operate all applicable tools, equipment and systems;
• Follow standard written instructions and procedures; read and write at a level appropriate to the position;
• Perform simple arithmetic calculations as required by the position; and demonstrate the ability to learn maintenance and repair functions.
• Must be willing to track and perform mundane maintenance tasks such as filter changes and pump greasing.
• The position requires the performance of strenuous manual labor.
• The ability and willingness to attend continuing education and training annually.
• Computer skills are required to respond to email,
• Complete work orders in a timely and efficient manner. Manage work orders in the maintenance management system and update tracking spreadsheets.
• Refer complex problems to the Building Engineer.
• Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Building Engineer.
Education & Experience
• High School Diploma
• Applicable Construction and/or Maintenance work experience and background
• Hands on Maintenance experience
• Certified Pool Operator Certification
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
Work requires working knowledge of the common terminology, methods, practices, tools and procedures related to building and facilities services, maintenance and repair and/or a base knowledge of a building/construction or mechanical trade.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Ability to perform quality work without direct supervision.
• Ability to interact professionally with residents and contractors.
• Organized self-starter
• Ability to work alone
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
• Working knowledge of and ability to use hand and power tools and equipment
• Must be comfortable working on ladders.
• Must be comfortable working with maintenance equipment.
• Able to perform manual labor.
• Ability to lift up to 30-50 lbs. following appropriate safely procedures.
• Being able to work in various positions, including but not limited to bending over, stooping, squatting, kneeling and standing for extended periods of time
• Walking the property. Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property as required to meet the job functions.
• Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers. Reaching with hands and arms.
• Walk and climb stairs
• Ability to work in different environmental conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity)
• Ability to climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (10 feet)
• Sitting at a desk
• Use of keyboard, computer, and applicable software and equipment.
Interested candidates should email resume with salary requirements to email@example.com