Chief Financial Officer
JustUs Health seeks to add a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) as a key part of the leadership team. The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry. The CFO ensures that the agency has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, facilities and systems in place to effectively manage the agency and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Responsible for day-to-day management of the Finance and Operations functions of the agency. The CFO works in partnership with the CEO and as part of the Executive team to provide strategic leadership and vision to achieve JustUs Health’s mission. The CFO builds strong relationships with all staff, funders, donors and community partners. In addition, the CFO promotes equity in a powerfully-inclusive environment and both models and prioritizes fiscal responsibility, accountability for results, attention to staff engagement and promoting the JustUs Health Mission, Vision and Values.
Financial Performance: Balances the organization’s fiscal needs with available resources. Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Responsible for the development and management of the overall JustUs Health budget and for communicating progress towards meeting financial objectives to all stakeholders.
- Provides management of the financial function and staff. Ensures that assets are properly controlled, resources are appropriately utilized, and activities are reported upon accurately and on a timely basis.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the agency.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Responsible for management of agency compliance filing and tax preparations.
- Oversite and supervision to the audit processes, ensuring favorable outcomes and continual improvement.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of strategic and long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Informs the CEO and Board of Directors of financial and operational issues on a timely basis. Identifies obstacles and risks to the financial or operational health of the agency. Develops risk mitigation strategy to address contingencies that may arise.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
Operations and Programming: Oversees and allocates appropriate resources to the organization.
- Provides oversight to the effective management and administration of overall agency operations. Ensures the implementation and maintenance of sound facilities, systems and processes to support the agency operations.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to facilitate the achievement of agency objectives.
- Responsible for reviewing and evaluating the results of program activities, ensuring that contractual obligations are fulfilled; allocating resources; developing program objectives.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends affecting JustUs Health and incorporates into agency finance projections and operations as appropriate.
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion: Creates a respectful, inclusive work culture and environment to engage and retain all employees. Acts with intention to create and promote equity within the agency.
- Attract key talent with the skills of today and tomorrow; acting with intention to utilize talents of the entire workforce not from just one community.
- Promote career development opportunities in underrepresented populations within our agency and community.
- Ensure that we reflect, understand and meet our diverse clients and funders’ requirements and needs.
- Give voice to each employee’s unique talents; building an environment of innovation that comes through diversity of thought and perspectives.
- Leadership is committed to enhancing career opportunities for an increased diverse representation as well as creating a sustained inclusive environment.
Strategic Leadership and Relationship Management: Assist in the development of, and fully implement the strategic plans of the JustUs Health.
- Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that JustUs Health can identify and address emerging needs to successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of JustUs Health’s reputation and image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Clearly articulate organizational goals for financial and programmatic stability and growth; motivate and inspire others to support the vision and enthusiastically model the values of the Agency.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining external relationships with key stakeholders including but not limited to the general public, funding sources, volunteers, government, other providers, etc.
- Responsible for liaison with other organizations and establishment of partnerships or collaborative programs as desirable to further the mission of JustUs Health.
- Maintain strong and effective internal relationships, with the Board, and staff; build and maintain strong external relationships with the general community, volunteers, government leaders, judiciary, funders, community leaders, and partner organizations
Staff Management Responsibilities: Responsible for ensuring the Agency has the talent and resources to meet short- and long-term organizational goals as well as ensuring maximum productivity and performance.
- Support the senior management team and ensure that the internal functions are fulfilled;
- Foster a culture of cooperation and mutual respect, focusing on meeting the needs of our clients and their communities. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the organization by selecting and developing qualified effective people.
- Effectively orient new hires to insure a positive and productive employee engagement experience.
- Ensure structure and hiring plans (within budget) are appropriate for performance and productivity levels required.
- Align individuals’ performance to overall performance objectives. Provide meaningful ongoing performance feedback. Identify and take appropriate action for non-performance.
- Ensure each employee has a clear and thorough understanding of their role and responsibilities. Keep job descriptions current for each position.
- Mentor, guide, and coach direct reports in order to expand their capabilities and performance.
- Administer all internal policies and procedures in accordance with corporate, human resources, budgetary, and finance guidelines. Ensure accuracy of staff data records.
- Comply with all employment laws and regulations including, but not limited to, equal employment opportunities for all.
Board Relations: Responsible for leading the finance and operations of the agency in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all financial information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Provide support activities associated with the Board of Directors, including participating on Board and Committee meetings if requested.
- Communicate and implements the Board’s financial decisions and expectations effectively to staff.
JustUs Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. People of color, transgender people, and gender non-conforming people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Priority given to applications received before May 21st 2019, Open Until Filled