Minnesota State High School League
Education and Leadership for a Lifetime
Notice of Position Opening
Position: Full Time Director of Technology, Minnesota State High School League
The Minnesota State High School League is seeking a visionary and effective director to manage internal technology functions, lead staff in improved technology skills, provide a dynamic and comprehensive website for all users, ensure a secure and productive infrastructure and improve our technical service to member schools, administrators, coaches, and officials. This position is a full-time, onsite, administrative position. Minimal travel required for conferences, workshops, and tournaments. Applications accepted beginning immediately through May 31, 2019.
- Serve as the Information Technology Director with overall responsibility for all aspects of League technology and the MSHSL Website.
- Engage employees and important stakeholders in strategic planning for all aspects of our technology services with a focus on performance, customer satisfaction, efficiency, cost-effectiveness.
- Responsible for management of League data including managing updates, back-ups, and archives.
- Communicate effectively with staff members, programming staff, and member schools regarding all aspects of technology.
- Lead the redesign of the MSHSL Website to increase effectiveness for all users including a mobile friendly platform.
- Determine the requirements for IT systems, based on the needs of member schools, coaches, officials, and League Staff members and implement new technology solutions to meet the identified needs.
- Design a technology training plan for all League Staff to grow technology skills and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot technology issues for staff members and member schools.
- Partner and monitor program service providers in meeting the needs of our tournaments, staff and member schools.
- Monitor and maintain network infrastructure, including switches, firewalls, wireless access systems and cabling.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree with evidence of continuing education. Additional certifications or degrees are desired.
- Demonstrated experience in articulating technology program needs and concerns and developing strategic plans.
- Experience and expertise using Windows platform and servers.
- Demonstrated expertise in the creation, improvement, and management of websites.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in small and large group settings.
- High proficiency and ability to train staff in desktop applications and effective use of technology.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, administer and evaluate technology productivity and efficiency.
- Evidence of collaborative approach to increasing effectiveness of an organization through improved technology and staff skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Medical, dental, term life, and disability insurance, sick leave, vacation and other work related benefits.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- Salary commensurate with professional qualifications, experience, and comparable positions in similar non-profit entities.
- Other benefits as may be provided by the Board of Directors.
- A one-page letter of interest in MSHSL employment.
- A comprehensive resume detailing technology skills and certifications, experiences with multiple platforms, responsibilities, and clients.
- Evidence of leadership of teams and/or departments.
- Specific information relative to the candidate’s development of organizational efficiencies, management and/or creation of website, content, and desire to continue personal growth. Provide examples of collaboration with colleagues, presentations or trainings at educational and technology seminars or similar workshops.
- The names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three persons who can speak about the candidate’s skills in fulfilling the primary responsibilities of this position.
Announcement of position opening May 3, 2019
Deadline for receiving applications May 31, 2019
Announce selection of Director June 20, 2019
Begin Employment ASAP
For additional information, please access mshsl.org or contact Erich Martens, Executive Director, Minnesota State High School League, 2100 Freeway Blvd., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430-1735
Information requested for this position may be submitted to email@example.com