Technical Support Specialist
- Provide technical software & product support for our multiple models/brands of diagnostic medical instruments via phone/email, & remote access.
- Work with our field service engineers, salespeople, and customer’s IT/Biomed team to update firmware/software and ensure proper installation, function, and integration of our software and medical devices into 3rd party database systems.
- Work closely in an open environment with colleagues in Hardware and Clinical Support to provide complete technical solutions
- Replicate and document faults and work with R&D and product management (both in-house and international) to quickly resolve customer issues
- Create technical notes/knowledgebase articles and assist in training our distribution partners
- Assist colleagues with pre-release software/configuration testing to ensure success in North American market
- Report all customer feedback via support ticketing system for export to Quality System
- 2 Years of relevant experience in a technical support/desktop support role, or
- 2 Year Degree in Computer Sciences/Information Technology or similar required.
- Previous proprietary software support experience for external customers in the medical device/healthcare industry preferred
- Strong knowledge, troubleshooting and analysis of Microsoft Windows operating systems & exposure/experience with SQL Server Express
- Must have a “customer first” attitude to clearly communicate details to customers with varying technical abilities in high pressure situations
- Can apply general concepts over a wide variety of software packages and highly specialized products
- Excellent attention to detail.
Physical & Visual Acuity Requirements
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.