Medical Billing Specialist
Job Title: Medical Billing Specialist
Children’s Respiratory and Critical Care Specialists, P.A. provides families with outpatient specialty care for respiratory illness and inpatient services for children with complex multi-system illness and trauma.
Provide daily management of claims processing and denied claims. Perform regular and consistent follow up, denial management, correction and/or reprocessing claims as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
- Manage all denials and accounts receivables daily
- Contact payers to determine reason for claim denial
- Provide a high level of customer service to families and third party payers
- Perform charge corrections, submit replacement appeals to third party payers
- Utilize all resources available, including electronic inquires to verify eligibility, and claim status
- Exercise good judgement towards account resolution and document all activity in clear, accurate, and consistent manner
- Meet departmental productivity and quality assurance standards
- Resolve billing errors and work with third party payers, toward efficient and effective claims resolution
- Inform business office manager of repetitive billing errors, third party payer trends, denials, or payment fluctuation, to ensure proper handling and escalation when necessary
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of third party billing and collection requirements for payers
- Contact families for additional information in order to have claims processed and paid in a timely manner
- Actively participate in creating and implementing improvements
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned
*This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, but is intended to be a generalized guide of job duties. Management may change the job responsibilities and expectations based on business requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Monday – Friday from 8 am to 4 pm in our Minneapolis location
Desired start date: Late May/Early June
- Experience in medical claims/denials: 2 year (Preferred)
- eClinicalWorks experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Tuesday, May 28, 2019.