- Develop close business and personal relationships with key accounts and purchasing personnel at each account location.
- As the business dictates make face to face sales calls on key accounts to help them grow their business by selling your products and further their training and education on those products. Occasional overnight travel could be required.
- Prepare and communicate price adjustments with program customers as market conditions warrant.
- Obtain customer orders through well-planned daily contact: phone, email or any other method of communication.
- Enter customers’ orders, Remanufacturing Work Orders and RMAs into POS system.
- Be well versed and knowledgeable about all products and the customers that use them. Be able to answer customer's questions about the products we sell and the mills/ suppliers that produce them as well as those sold by our competition.
- Be a backup to team members in the sales department when needed/ asked.
- Assist in answering incoming sales calls.
Marketing & Promotional Duties:
- Develop and maintain up-to-date customer profile sheets for your assigned accounts
- Work in conjunction with the New Products Review Committee and your division General Manager to introduce new products.
- Participate in customer and vendor trade shows and conventions
Purchasing & Product Duties:
- Act as Product Champion for product lines assigned to you by division management. Product Champion duties include but are not limited to purchasing, inventory management, pricing, claims management, sharing product information through sales training, divisional special pricing opportunities and divisional product promotions.
- Walk your product inventory once a week. While on your walk, inspect stock, look for damage, proper storage, product rotation, overstocks, etc. Do periodic cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy. Bring all concerns to management's attention.
- Assist in solving claims or complaints. Respond to inquiries and research and resolve problems related to industrial products.
- Attend industry meetings and mill trips as recommended and in conjunction with the General Office.
- Research and recommend product additions.
- Assist in all physical Division inventories.
- Be responsible for division price list maintenance on items as assigned.
Education: 4 Year college degree is preferred.
Related Experience: Sales experience is preferred.