Mechanical Design Engineer
The Design Engineer will primarily be responsible for the Mechanical Engineering development of new printing and marking systems. Responsibilities include design, research, estimating, prototyping, engineering documentation, and process improvement. The successful candidate will report directly to the VP of Engineering, and collaborate with design, purchasing and manufacturing teams on design projects.
- Proficient with Pro Engineer/Creo modeling for machine and component design.
- Design/Engineer mechanical assemblies, parts and systems for new and existing products.
- Create and manage bills of materials, design layouts, drawings and other documentation for products.
- Maintain and control Engineering files, ECO’s, records, and documentation for part and equipment drawings.
- Develop design changes on existing products to improve manufacturing processes and/or reduce costs.
- Create drawings for manufacturing components.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member within development teams.
- Assist in the creation of Product Requirements, Design Specifications, and Validation Test Requirements documents.
- Deliver technical conceptualization efforts and vision for future product development.
- Provide part obsolescence design activities as required.
- Ability to provide professional customer service as occasionally needed.
- Willingness to infrequently travel to customer sites or product shows.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Proficient with 3-dimensional drawing software, preferred Pro Engineer. (Solid Works, AutoCAD)
- Must have knowledge of the principles and procedures of Mechanical Engineering to include the design process from concept through manufacturing.
- Experience with injection molding of plastics.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes.
- Can work effectively in cross functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
WE HELP COMPANIES DELIVER PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD
Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey and AFM, Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables.