Summer Help - R&D Engineer Intern
Essential Job Functions
- Establish and implement manufacturing procedures and work instructions for new products.
- Design equipment and processes for manufacturing.
- Determine policies and guidelines for new design applications and processes.
- Provide Application Engineers and Drafters with design guidelines and basic performance criteria based on testing.
- Reduce data from cooling curves results and perform calculations.
- Responsible for product data management.
- Create various reports, manual writings, and documents on test projects.
- Confer with department representatives to determine and coordinate design criteria for completion of design drawings; advise concerning practical design and feasibility.
- Provide information concerning needed changes in cost, schedule and project requirements.
- Prepare technical, scaled diagrams of requested designs for accuracy, alterations, etc.
- Assist in selection and sizing of equipment and components utilized in the design of the project.
- Responsible for writing design specifications, preparing project cost estimates and/or reviewing project bids to evaluate adherence to project specification.
- Layout simple mechanical or manufacturing systems.
- Attend and participate in daily department meetings.
- Handle confidential and proprietary information.
- May perform the following;
- Develop program specifications and review them to ensure that requirements are met.
- Design user-friendly interfaces to systems, applications, and databases.
- Assist, within capabilities and qualifications, the R&D or other departments.
- Perform duties as specified under Engineering Technician.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Performs related work or job duties as required by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level
- Strong mechanical aptitude required, detail orientated, and strong initiative.
- Knowledgeable of engineer drawings, blueprints and understand complex technical writing.
- Must be detailed orientated and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Flexibility to work weekends occasionally, if needed, be self-motivated and problem solver.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of related records, spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office Products.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Experience with SolidWorks Software.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing or similar industry.
- Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate Software or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma.