Nurse Practitioner (.83 FTE)
Nurse Practitioner (.83 FTE)
Posted Date 5 days ago(5/14/2019 8:26 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date 5/24/2019
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Department/Unit Counseling and Psychological Services/Center for Well-Being - Student Affairs
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Part-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Nurse Practitioner within the Center for Well-Being.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing direct primary and preventative health care to students, faculty, and staff from within the University community. Reporting to the Operations Director within The Center for Well-Being, this position will work collaboratively within a broad multidisciplinary team. This position will support a healthy campus culture that empowers students, faculty, and staff of every background to engage in lifelong healthy decision-making, personal growth, and academic success in an environment that is secure, welcoming, respectful, and compassionate.
- Provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment, preventative counseling, and education for students, faculty, and staff of the University of St. Thomas community. Performs complete routine physical examinations including interpretation and evaluation of diagnostic test results. Provides follow up on all abnormal findings by either intervention, counseling, or referral on or off campus. Administers urgent care and assists in contacting University Public Safety, paramedics and/or emergency transport when necessary.
- Assessment of psychosocial issues, providing counseling within scope of practice, and making referrals as necessary both on and off campus.
- Establishes and documents plan of care with complete documentation in accordance with guidelines and standards of practice using the electronic health record system.
- Works independently in the clinical setting, and collaboratively with the broader health care team to provide comprehensive care. Works collaboratively with the Center for Well-Being multidisciplinary team in providing high quality patient care and education. Meets as needed with other providers and health care team members for chart review, problem solving, and education.
- Functions as a mentor and resource for other nurse practitioners, registered nurses, medical assistants, and support staff to ensure quality of care standards are maintained.
- Reviews, develops, and updates policies, procedures, and protocols. Participates in quality improvement activities as assigned, e.g., in-service education established meetings, committees, patient education activities, and programs to improve the level of care provided in Health Services.
- Performs other related duties supporting the daily operation of Health Services and the Center for Well-Being as assigned.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Three years of experience providing direct clinical services in an integrated ambulatory care setting
- Must have experience working with an Electronic Health Records System, (EHR)
- Have the following licensure and certifications: current, unrestricted license in the state of Minnesota as a Nurse Practitioner, current board certification as an Adult Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner, current DEA license, prescriptive authority issued by the Minnesota State Board of Nursing, and current basic life support certification, (CPR)
- Prior college health experience
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary health care team
- Experience working in mental health care
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer