Senior Lecturer/Director of Allied Sciences
The Department of Allied Sciences at the North Dakota State University College of Health Professions is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Senior Lecturer/Director of Allied Sciences.
This individual will be responsible for coordinating and teaching within the Allied Sciences majors courses. This position will serve as NDSU instructor of record for professional-level field experience/internship courses, and serve as academic advisor to Medical Laboratory Science, Respiratory Care and Radiologic Sciences professional majors. Additionally, the individual is expected to coordinate the internship applications, process for pre-professional allied sciences’ majors and assist allied sciences’ student to secure internships, scholarships, and employment and maintain affiliation agreements with accredited, hospital-based educational programs.
Other administrative duties include oversee and supervise all service, and education activities for the Department of Allied Sciences; manage personnel and the operating budgets; and affiliated clinical education sites; coordinate faculty teaching assignments; develop class schedules; facilitate monthly faculty meetings; conduct annual performance appraisals for faculty and staff and prepare the Departmental annual and assessment reports.
- Master’s degree in education, business administration, healthcare administration or related field
- 2 years of experience in an allied health field; medical laboratory science, respiratory care, radiography, or sonography
- 2 years teaching, advising, or preceptorship experience in post-secondary education
- Effective, professional communication in a variety of contexts: oral, written, interpersonal, interprofessional, presentation format
- Evidence of exceptional organization, time management, and project management skills
- Evidence of effective initiative, interpersonal and collaborative/teamwork skills
- Experience in educational partnerships and hospital-based curriculum model
- High level of commitment to the department’s mission
- 2 or more years of experience in healthcare that includes: leadership roles, working in an interprofessional team, knowledge of medical law and ethics, and a comprehensive understanding of health care and terminology
- 2 or more years of administrative experience that includes supervision of staff and/or faculty and budget management
- Graduate coursework, or a minimum of 2 years of experience in assessment of learning and/or program evaluation
- 3 or more years teaching and advising experience in post-secondary education
- Committee involvement and service that includes leadership roles
- Involvement in a professional society