This position is designed to provide support of educational technology services for Rockford Area Schools. The Technology Assistant works in collaboration with the District Technology Services and under the direction of the Director of Technology to support the implementation of innovative instructional practices utilizing available classroom technologies. Emphasis is placed on creating a support structure that assists classroom teachers in leveraging technology to create effective learning environments for all students. This position coordinates and provides support for the implementation and management of our student device program, and serve as an instructional technology leader within the high school.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage, and oversee site based implementation of the district’s student device program
- Manage the digital and personalized learning programs and resources while creating a safe physical environment that is conducive to learning.
- Establish an environment that encourages innovative, creative, and independent use of instructional technology throughout the school
- Participate in professional growth activities that result in enhanced knowledge of best practices in instructional technology and digital learning
- Collaborate with staff from the Departments of Teaching and Learning and Technology to select, implement, and adapt technology to support curriculum
- Provide a high level of support, through modeling and coaching, to teachers and other school staff in the use of innovative instructional practices and supportive instructional technology that lead to improved student learning
- Coach teachers to facilitate their development of knowledge, skills, and understanding of supportive technologies
- Monitor network and collaborate with other Technology Support staff regarding general network health
- Support district assessment technology requirements
- Maintain excellent communication and coordination with technology team
- Inventory and Asset Management coordination
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Must possess the ability to integrate technology into curricular areas; successfully complete simultaneous, multiple, dissimilar projects in a timely manner and to work with little direct supervision; demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills; working knowledge of an integrated software package; technical skill in multiple operating system, networks, and instructional technology; advanced oral and written communication skills; public relations skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills between faculty, staff and students; advanced knowledge and expertise in specific skill areas; ability to train end-users, both students and teachers; ability to initiate, plan, and implement ideas; ability to learn and implement information systems; ability to interpret and follow written instructions; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public. Ability to create a relevant learning experiences by integrating appropriate technologies to enrich the instructional program.
Minimum of two years post secondary education in related technology field, or equivalent experience required.
Experience in the use and support of multiple technologies in an educational setting along with an interest and ability to learn more of the same.
Experience with ChromeBooks and Google G Suite a plus.
Previous educational technology integration experience preferred.