The Executive Director at RREAL is a demanding and exhilarating position that is integral to the success of organization at local, national, and international levels. In a grassroots organization that prides itself on being at the forefront of innovation, the Executive Director is responsible for an array of functions including realizing the strategic plan and vision of the organization, fundraising, fiduciary oversight, marketing, compliance and community engagement. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and manages a staff of approximately 20.
·Works directly with a 10-member board in order to fulfill the organization’s strategic plan, mission and vision.
·Responsible for leading RREAL in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
·Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability:
·Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
·Responsible for the fiscal integrity of RREAL, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
·Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
·Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support RREAL's mission including grant-writing and donor development.
Organization Mission and Strategy:
·Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
·Responsible for implementation of RREAL's programs that carry out the organization's mission.
·Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that RREAL can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
·Responsible for the enhancement of RREAL's image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely and collaborating with other professional, civic and private organizations.
·Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
·Responsible effective administration of RREAL operations including maintaining good standing as a non-profit with 501 c 3 status.
·Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
·Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Qualifications A successful candidate will be:
- An advanced degree is preferred, but exceptions possible based on individual.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of RREAL's strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fund raising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Highly skilled in written and oral communication.
- Interational experience is a plus.
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff and external parterns.
- Strong and enthusiastic public speaking ability.
Compensation & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
- Quality benefits package includes generous paid time off, professional development fund, health care plan, retirement savings plan, heritage day and birthday as paid holidays,
- Fun working environment with incredibly talented, dedicated and committed team.
To apply, send a PDF document that includes a cover letter detailing your qualifications, a resume including education and experience, and contact information for three professional references. All correspondence must be electronic and sent to RREALEDSEARCH@gmail.com.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by June 30th.