Broadband Technician at Mediacom!
- Broadband Installer Specialists
- Front Counter Customer Service Reps
- Direct Sales Reps
We are Adding Staff to our South & Southwest Metro Teams!
Paid Training + Great Pay + FULL Benefits & More! WE HIRE FULL TIME EMPLOYEES. This is not temp or contract work. Immediate Interviews will be conducted with all who attend. Bring a resume and stop by!
You can apply online ahead of time at: www.mediacomcable.careers
Have questions or can’t attend? Call Barb in HR at: 507-837-4893.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR BROADBAND TECHNICIAN:
Performs field technical work. Primarily responsible for maintain the HFC plant from node to tap through routine maintenance and repair of CATV distribution system and HSD system and for turn-on of new distribution system. Maintenance and troubleshoot the trunk system due to equipment and/or power failure.
• Conducts system tests such as signal/noise, signal/hum, summation sweep, chart recording, return loss bridge, including monthly, semi-annual and annual tests; RF knowledge/troubleshooting; sweep & balance HFC plant.
• Sets trunk levels, sets-up and changes out trunk amplifiers, calculates signal level losses in cable and equipment for trunk lines and distribution lines.
• Installs electronics and makes power connections; maintain power supplies.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains all test equipment used in system.
• Assumes full responsibility for troubleshooting and repair of the coaxial and fiber distribution system. Prepares estimates for projects, providing bill of materials.
• Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools; splices coax & fiber.
• May perform all duties of Broadband Specialist I-V, Technical Operations descriptions.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
• On-call duty may be required; Other functions that may be assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred.
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
• Required – Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Broadband Specialist I-V, Technical Operations or 5+ years’ equivalent cable technician experience.
• Preferred – NCTI - System Tech course completion.
• Knowledge of HFC plant, installs and service calls.
• Knowledge of Commercial Fiber PRI and Managed Voice installation and trouble shooting.
• Advanced level of mechanical skills for splicing.
• Ability to interact and communicate with customers and co-workers.
• Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
• Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Ability to trouble shoot customer premise equipment and cable issues.
• Strenuous – Physical effort represented by frequent handling of heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand tools.
Keywords: System Technician, Maintenance, Broadband Specialist V, Installer, Technical Operations, Technician, Cable, Construction, Maintenance, Telecom, Internet, Install, Home Security, Xtream, Fiber, Copper, Splice