Job Class: State Program Administrator Manager Senior
Closing Date: Open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applications submitted by June 28, 2019.
Salary Range: $74,625 - $107,344/annually
The Department of Administration’s Office of State Procurement (OSP) purchases more than $2 billion in goods and services each year. OSP leads state government’s procurement which includes establishing commodity and general service contracts for use by executive branch state agencies as well as cities, counties, school districts and other eligible government entities. OSP is also responsible for the statutory oversight of agency acquisition activities related to professional service contracts. Minnesota has been nationally recognized as a leader in public sector procurement because of the agency's efforts to meet customers' needs and expectations while upholding the highest legal and ethical standards of responsible business and procurement practices.
The Office of State Procurement is seeking a visionary leader to lead the state enterprise to obtain and/or update procurement technology systems that support the procurement activities of all state agencies and in part, extending to local units of government. The eProcurement Manager will be responsible for providing statewide leadership, coordination, strategic direction, guidance, budget, and management oversight of the state’s eProcurement and other IT systems that support procurement activities. This responsibility includes the state’s requisitioning, strategic sourcing, catalog, category, and contract management, purchasing, inventory and other procurement-related applications. The incumbent will lead work to develop and enhance systems that automate expenditures in excess of $2.3 billion in public funds annually and will establish a high standard of communication and collaboration will all systems stakeholders in order to achieve the goals of the Office of State Procurement.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school or significant coursework involving IT systems or supply chain management.
- Three years of advanced professional experience with e-Business and/or e-Commerce systems, advanced professional experience in procurement which includes enterprise eProcurement systems, or related work experience.
- Experience managing projects or programs.
- Knowledge of business administration principles, organizational structure design, and information systems design.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, coordination and execution sufficient to provide management, peers, and stakeholders’ options that assist them in making sound decisions for their organizations.
- Effective leadership, management and team skills sufficient to lead work across diversified teams and guide and motivate team members, providing feedback and coaching.
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, & Excel) and project management software (i.e., Microsoft Project).
- Strong oral and written communication, negotiation, persuasion, analytical and organizational skills.
- Interpersonal and human relations skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully implement and manage change.
- Superior presentation skills and the ability to communicate highly technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Skills in anticipating the political ramifications of decisions and working proactively to mitigate concerns.
- Ability to understand how various projects/system changes impact state operations and how they integrate with other processes, initiatives, and systems and to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to think creatively, identify barriers, and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to research, interpret or develop policies and procedures affecting the State’s eProcurement system.
- Ability to create legislation, policy, procedures or other systems or services to support or enhance the State’s eProcurement system.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
It is the policy of Department of Administration that all candidates submit a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check; Criminal History Check; Employment Reference Check; Education/License Verification.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 33237.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Nella Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.201.8005.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER