Financial Representative - 2019 Top Workplace
Join a Top Workplace!
A Business of your own, backed by us.
Become a financial professional to help people in Minnesota live their lives to the fullest.
Why start a career with us? Why join our team?
Just 10 years after Minnesota became a state, Northwestern Mutual started helping families state-wide send their kids to college, retire in style, improve their homes, and more—all with a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and community. When you work with us you'll get:
- The opportunity to run your own business
- Stipends for training and licensing to get started
- Personalized award-winning training programs
- Backing from a company that Fortune ranked #1 of Quality of Products and Services1
You're in charge
When you become a Northwestern Mutual financial professional, you'll run your own business with the support of a 160-year-old Fortune 100 company. Because the position is mostly commission-based, you'll control how much you earn. If you decide to really get after it, there are also renewals and bonuses based on hitting sales goals.
We'll put you in a position to succeed
We don't expect you to know everything on day one, or even have a business degree. You'll receive award-winning training and partner with our industry experts to learn the ins and outs of financial planning.
We'll help you:
- Get off to a fast start
- Grow over your career through distinct learning paths
- Pursue advanced professional certifications with financial support
Work for yourself and get a great benefits package, too:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Life and disability insurance
- Two pension plans
- Health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Reimbursement for licensing and ongoing education
Check out more about INCOME and INTERNSHIP opportunities here
1. Awarded in the Insurance category: Life & Health industry, FORTUNE® Magazine's annual survey, 2017.