Senior Major and Planned Giving Officer
The Office of Development and Alumni Relations, Division of Institutional Advancement at St. Catherine University invites applications for a Senior Major and Planned Giving Officer. This full-time exempt position is responsible for building relationships, closing major and planned gifts and supervising a small, dedicated team of major/planned giving officers.
- Solicit and close major and planned gifts
- Develop and manage a prospect portfolio of 150 high potential prospects
- Serve as point for gifts with complex assets
- Supervise to success, through best practices and metrics, a small team of major/planned giving officers.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the University’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience.
The Sr. Major/Planned Giving Officer must be a goal oriented, mission driven professional with:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-7 years progressively responsible fundraising experience including demonstrated success in major/planned gift fundraising.
- Ability to work with gift planning vehicles and complex assets including gift annuities, CRTs, securities, IRAs, endowments, insurance and real estate.
- Experience opening new business and engaging new audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and work evening and weekends as required.
The ideal candidate also has:
- JD, MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
- A degree from St. Catherine University.
- Fundraising experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of the Twin Cities and/or Catholic philanthropic community.
- Campaign experience.
Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For more information, contact Beth Riedel Carney, Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations, at email@example.com. Applications are due by June 19, 2019.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.