The office manager position is responsible for overall office activities, including ordering office supplies, mail distribution, large purchasing requests, and main contact for facilities. They are also responsible for assisting management with administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations, manage company calendar, accounts payable/receivable, expense reports, and various other tasks.
- Coordinates overall administrative activities
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies, lab equipment, furniture, office equipment, etc.
- Manages the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as answering phone, stocking supplies, distributing building access cards/keys, parking cards, etc.)
- Sorts and distributes mail; may coordinate materials for large mailings; prepares and distributes materials
- Coordinates office events, snacks, meals, drinks, etc.
- Processes accounts payable and receivable; enters information (such as W-9, expense reports, invoices) into financial systems
- Participates as needed in special projects
- Assists Human Resources with the maintenance and processing of personnel records
- Assists employees, supervisors and managers with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Assists with new-employee orientations
- Assists Human Resources with maintaining confidential personnel files and personnel action
- Prepares job postings
- Responds to reference checks and verification of employment status
- Organization Skills
- Point of Contact
- Computer Skills
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least two years of previous experience in office management
- Experience in the software/hardware industry
- Microsoft Word and Excel a must
- Experience with bill.com and QuickBooks a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform duties in a confidential, professional manner
- Work schedule Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Ability to lift at least 35 pounds
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Parsec is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.