Psychologist/Counselor Liaison to Veteran’s Resource Center (0.83 FTE)
Psychologist/Counselor Liaison to Veteran's Resource Center (0.83 FTE)
Posted Date 1 week ago(6/7/2019 9:47 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 300318
Department/Unit Center for Well-Being, Student Affairs
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 10
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Psychologist/Counselor Liaison to Veteran's Resource Center opportunity within the Center for Well-Being.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Psychologist/Counselor/ provides general psychological services to the University of St. Thomas community in the form of assessment, individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, consultation, and outreach programming, and supervision and training within Counseling & Psychological Services APA accredited doctoral psychology internship program. This position is also the liaison to the Veterans Resource Center and provides outreach programming, psychoeducation, consultation, and crisis intervention appropriate to the needs of student veterans at UST.
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy, psychoeducation, consultation, and crisis intervention services to students, including student veterans
- Service as CAPS liaison to Veterans Resource Center, including outreach programming, consultation, and drop-in services to student veterans
- Serve on the UST Veterans Services Committee
- Serve on the organizing committee for the annual Veteran's Resource Center/CAPS sponsored PTSD Conference
- Provide outreach and consultation services to UST community including students, faculty and staff
- Serve as liaison to one UST residence hall and provide crisis coverage and consultation services to that hall
- Maintain records and case notes in keeping with legal, ethical and professional standards of care
- Provide clinical supervision to doctoral interns and practicum students as experience and licensure allows
- Serve on UST and Student Affairs committees as time permits
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned
- Maintain Minnesota licensure by completing the requisite continuing education
- Doctoral or master's degree in clinical or counseling psychology, social work, or marriage and family therapy
- Three years of professional counseling experience to include providing individual and group counseling, outreach, consultation, crisis intervention, psychoeducation and clinical supervision
- Experience providing counseling services to military veterans or student veterans
- Counseling experience in a university/college counseling or integrated health center
- Licensed or license-eligible to practice independently in the State of Minnesota as LP, LPCC, LICSW, or LMFT. Three years post licensure preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer