Human Resources Representative (2019 Top Workplace)
Join a 2019 Top Workplace!
This position contributes to the organization’s productive workforce by providing high quality Human Resources support in the areas of recruitment, orientation, college relations, employee orientation, employment brand social media initiative as well as additional Human Resources support for the organization’s team members and management. Establishes and maintains Compeer’s college relations program at the direction of HR leadership. May also assist in administrative/coordination support for the Learning & Development team.
- Coordinates and facilitates new hire orientation and Compeer Day with new hires and their leaders at the direction of the HRBP’s.
- Works with HRBPs and L&D on any updates to orientation and Compeer Day that may be needed.
- Coordinates, and as appropriate provides recommendations on updates for, the welcome bags and folders that are provided to new hires on their first day of employment.
- Liaison between the Tiger Team and new hire Client Experience Day.
- Distributes and compiles the new hire onboarding survey and shares the results with the HR team to address and discuss identified gaps.
- Coordinates regular follow up with new team members to ensure their onboarding needs are being met.
- Coordinates and plans career fair logistics including which career fairs to attend, career fair registration, etc.
- Organizes opportunities for Compeer to have a presence on campuses such as networking events, classroom exposure, club involvement, mock interviews, etc.
- Selects students from key universities to represent Compeer as College Ambassadors to increase brand exposure on campuses.
- Partners with HRBPs and business leaders to determine the number of internships offered annually and in which business units.
- Coordinates the Internship Program and Financial Associate Program interview process. Interviews potential interns/Financial Associates, recommends candidates, and coordinates second interviews for leaders across the organization.
- Partners with other team members to establish and administer the Compeer Universities Scholarship Program.
- Serves as a back-up for employment and recruitment.
- May conduct talent searches on job boards, may review resumes within those job boards and the internal applicant tracking tool, and may recommend candidates for review.
- Works with the HR team and Marketing to create and execute a broader and larger social media presence, focuses on the Compeer employment brand in the marketplace.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 1-2 years of human resources experience preferred, in a professional work environment.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Basic HR knowledge, including employment law.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to provide the strong client service to internal and external clients.
- Team player.
- Able to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously in a high paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgement to management sensitive and confidential matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills and experience working with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
On July 1, 2017 AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services joined together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.